MDG Atmosphere Question...

PJTUX

Hey guys, So I work with an MDG Atmosphere at my venue. Its a fantastic looking hazer with a lot of amazing qualities. But the one problem i'm fighting with right now is how cloudy it can be by the time its in beams. Unfortunately i'm not able to move it upstage anymore than it already is. So i'm looking to try out Nitrogen as opposed to Co2. I was wondering if anyone here has any opinions on the two different options.

TL;DR Whats your opinion on Nitrogen vs. Co2 in MDG Atmosphere

I can't speak for the Nitrogen vs. Co2, hopefully someone else can answer, but I don't know if that will make a huge impact. Do you have a fan in front of the MDG? I have 2 for each in my venue and it really helps to break it up and make it not cloudy. Also, what PSI are you running?

There's no difference between N2 and CO2 in terms of looks as the inert gas has no impact or interaction with the droplet's chemical property or speed of dispersion. - The only difference is price. availability for the inert gas.
HINT: CO2 regulators are different from N2 regulators. If you change inert gas, you MUST change regulator. CO2 is contained at an average of 865-895 psi, whereas N2 tends to be closer to 2500-2900 psi. See your gas supplier for more details.

As suggested, if the air flow in your venue tends to concentrate the fog / haze in specific patterns / locations, trying a fan closer to the ATM will help disperse and disrupt the effect. Furthermore, trying to fill up a space rapidly tends to create billowing effect rather than a smooth, settled look. Time is your friend - you're always better off hazing subtly for a longer time.

TO ADMIN: This topic should be moved into the Special FX section.

[EDIT by mod.: Thread moved. As to the "purty colours," be aware that not everyone uses the default skin, and one risk involved may make the post unreadable in certain instances. Plus, I don't like it. But, hey, it's your post and reputation.]

Yes. I like purty colours! =)

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back