medieval times!!

Hi everyone,
So recently I visited the medieval times in Schaumburg Illinois and it was quite entertaining. Sometimes when I’m bored I like drawing show plots and I want to try to draw a show plot of the lighting at medieval times. Obviously it won’t be completely accurate but I don’t believe it will be a waste of my time because it will be almost as fun as going to medieval times.

I was wondering if any of you had pictures of medieval times or any information/advice that you think might help me.

thank you!

I don’t know about the quality of tech at the Schaumburg location but the Scottsdale one I thought was pretty extensive. They are all LED in the arena. I’m not sure about the spots. The center of the arena has movers. As well as a few fog machines. Along the middle 3rd of the arena is automation to bring down nets during the jousting.
E818B3CD-411A-404C-8752-B93A82B2961F.jpeg
75160628-2383-46A7-8BA0-F0AAE353B3D7.jpeg
CE1730B5-1102-493E-8566-803D79656E17.jpeg
5C342CD5-478C-47F4-A7E6-542CA4D046D0.jpeg

This was the PLSN article from 2018 fo the Buena Park remodel. Looks like they might have replicated it...

Sometimes when I’m bored I like drawing show plots ...
Allow me to suggest a slightly different exercise, one often used in lighting design class that I feel is just as much "fun" but more beneficial. Find a painting or photograph, and re-create its lighting. First on paper or computer as a "light plot," (with or without a visualizer, another excellent skill to master) then in real life with the actual fixtures. Become proficient at this and you can work for @cdub260 .

Allow me to suggest a slightly different exercise, one often used in lighting design class that I feel is just as much "fun" but more beneficial. Find a painting or photograph, and re-create its lighting. First on paper or computer as a "light plot," (with or without a visualizer, another excellent skill to master) then in real life with the actual fixtures. Become proficient at this and you can work for @cdub260 .
Pageant of the Masters in Laguna Beach, CA. Living recreations of classic visual art works.

As for Medieval times, where's @RonHebbard ? Those were his pre-school years!

A friend of mine is at medieval time right now. The plot looks pretty much the same.
1A8ABF35-36B0-4995-9091-F8D4D28FFA5E.jpeg
4B608A95-97AD-4651-AFC3-EAF315EE8AD8.jpeg

When skating rinks go bad, cue the horses! Shirlye you joust!

I wonder if that's why they don't even want to talk to me- for once in my life am I overqualified??? o_O

Its not that. They are picky hirers. It’s the worst who you know facility ever.
If you want an in though I can get your that 10$ an hour spot op job 😂😂😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back