Meet Me In St. Louis

timokay

Has anyone done this show? Any cool designs for the Worlds Fair?

I am just starting building, and have a full, rolling Trolley Car, a Victorian facade with interior on the other side, and a couple of masking pieces, with trees on one side and Monuments for the Finale, but not much else so far.

I will do doing a lot of lighting tricks for the change of seasons, especially Halloween, but the show does not call for much more. It seems kinda dull to me.

Anyone make cool stuff for this show?

Ack ! I've done that show so many times I can probably quote you the script !!!!!
The Town I grew up in, Broken Arrow, Ok., was home to one Ralph Blaine. Mr blaine just happened to be the person who penned, "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" for Judy Garland for the show "Meet Me in St.Louis" so our theatre teacher would pull out that old warhorse anytime she wanted to get some names in the paper, and bring him in, to music direct.

Ok back to scenery. I have rented drops for the worlds fair scene, down tha scene infront of the Main Rag, and done that scene in an area of stage that was decked out like a Hedge maze.

Any help?

Thanks for the input.
I probably am gonna try projections for the worlds fair, since I can animate the photos I have, and perhaps throw in the electrical buildings "Lighting up".

I had not thought about the hedge maze, did you put this in for the worlds fair?

Oh, and here I thought we were going to have a discussion of my beautiful hometown (depending on your definition of beauty that is).;) :lol:

Here are some in progress shots, with my initial designs.
Any input is appreciated.
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Clang clang clang went the trolley. Looks good, what are you using to render ?

Clang clang clang went the trolley. Looks good, what are you using to render ?

Thanks, I use Lightwave to model and render. I have a background in computer animation and graphics, and it is a tool I am comfortable with. I hope to use Lightwave to design the lighting as well.....once I learn a bit more about lighting.

Last edited:
Here are pics of the set and show.

It went really well. The real challenges were the moving cable car, which I was happily surprised that many people could not figure out (I guess they never watched the Flintstones), and the fact that we were able to move the entire set offstage for the trolley, ballroom and finale sequences.

I still have to work on our projector set-up. But overall, I am pretty happy.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back