MFA ?

chawalang

I will be heading to USITT next week to start looking at grad schools with the plan to start next fall.

Checking to see if there are any current or former students on here from the following schools.

Cal Arts
CMU
California State University Fullerton
UNLV
Yale

If not a current or former student if any CB members have any thoughts or opinions on these schools.

I am looking at their TD programs with the ultimate goal to teach long term but to also sharpen the necessary skills to go into a production manager role.

YSD '79

There is a reception Friday - I think 9:30 in the Hilton - and I'm pretty sure prospective students are welcome. Stop at booth on floor. And say hello - I'll be there at some point.

On the Yale thing go to the table and talk to them and get invited to the reception. Also, push the flesh on the show floor. Most schools you want to be involved in will be represented. Keep in mind thought that it could be too late at this point in the year to make something happen at the more competitive schools.

@BillConnerASTC, I have the reception blocked out to attend, a friend of mine who graduated from Yale a year ago from the TD&P program wants me to attend with him.

@Footer, my plan is not to start till fall 2016, I am doing this to make initial contact and narrow down 3 or 4 schools to actually go visit and meet the faculty and students.

I graduated from CSUF two years ago, I studied lighting and sound but did take a few of the TD classes. They have a good TD program, they do a lot of Rigging and scenery automation. they should also have a table. if you have any specific questions I could try and answer them for you.

Thanks oneyedpug, I will send you a private message once I get back. I talked to their TD yesterday and they are of a definite interest to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back