MFL DXH / Enttec D-Split 70575 / Fleenor 125

RoyZ

I'm not very good at effective searches, but I did look unsuccessfully for a related topic. I was sure this question had to have been discussed in the past. Not finding any, here's my situation.

I am slowly (understatement) bringing our small stage's lighting into the 20th century. I replaced our old 6-ch dimmer packs a few years ago with ETC dimmers, which necessitated a new DMX controller. All the lights were (and still are) "analog" heat engines. I just bought a couple of relatively inexpensive Q70 LED fixtures from Mega Lite to get a better feel for their capabilities. I need to add a splitter because the dimmers are off in one direction, while the lights head off to the stage area left and right.

From what I've read, the D-Split seems well recommended, though some reviews indicate failures within as little as 3 months. The DXH offers a split to 6 channels which would will be useful as the slow conversion process continues through the years. And the Fleenor units have many comments about their reliability and longevity.

Quick price checks: $135 (D-Split), $95 (DXH), and $440 & up (Fleenor). Any recommendations, experience, or perspective among these or others?

Roy

We own 15ish 1x5 Fleenor ISO Splitters and they are rock solid. Tank design on the outside and good guts inside from a great company.

I can’t tell you how many times I’ve dropped them and they keep truckin.

Any time someone says they are broken on the road I laugh and say you sure you got it plugged in or the cable isn’t bad. Which is generally the case.

Now you won’t be sending it out on gigs like we do but if you got the money go with Fleenor.

Hiya! I actually work at DFD, and we have many splitter options. Here's a link to the 'Splitter Matrix' I recently put on our website: http://www.dfd.com/SplitterMatrix.html

If you're wanting to future proof your stuff a bit, our 124 is actually DMX/RDM, and a bit more economical. It has the same warranty as all of our products, and could be great for your situation.

Give us a call if you have any questions!

Last edited:
I have used the enter dsplit and ( aside from the plastic case cracking) have had no issues

However when I did a permanent install I went with DFD.

Last edited:
Thank you, all, for your views and comments. My conclusion is that Fleenor's equipment is worth its price. I subscribe to the old Russian adage, "I'm not so rich I can afford cheap things." I certainly found a lot of "cheap" out there. For the long haul, I"ll put in a Fleenor splitter.
Roy

I swear by the Swisson XSP series. Fantastic Swiss made gear, heavy duty, clamp mounting point in the back if that's your thing. We have around a half dozen in inventory & they are fantastic. I believe they were/are also the OEM for Martin's splitters, either that or Martin knocked them off completely. I'm guessing the former given Martin's history of sourcing products from OEMs.

Another company I work for uses the Fleenor 124s in all of their field workboxes, haven't had a problem with them yet, but I do wish the power cord were a little beefier - though I know it's as thin as it is to cut cost. Still a great little product, again, haven't had a single issue with them yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back