Mic case

go to the dollar store, k-mart, wally world, target, etc. They'll have small, plastic boxes that will be approximately the right size. Then just get some cheap foam.

len said:
go to the dollar store, k-mart, wally world, target, etc. They'll have small, plastic boxes that will be approximately the right size. Then just get some cheap foam.
umm....no! First of all I hate the Wal-Mart(I get lost and confused)secondly I need something road ready and professional looking because it will start being rented out soon!

avkid said:
umm....no! First of all I hate the Wal-Mart(I get lost and confused)secondly I need something road ready and professional looking because it will start being rented out soon!

Perhaps you could have mentioned that you wanted something professional as it was for a hire in your initial post. Then, perhaps the posts that you didn't want to read may not have been posted.

If you want it to look professional then you are either going to have to build a case yourself or pick up somehting from a professional casing company such as Pelican Cases or SKB or similar.

I don't know about the US but here most electronics stores and auto stores sell the cheap aluminium cases. Most are the size of a standard brief case but they also do smaller ones. You could used one of these and get some foam to fit and then cut the compartments as to your requirements.

If it is for hire, then you should be able to pay off the costs of the case fairly quickly. Besides, think what the mic is worth and then think of what the case will cost and I am sure that the investment of a good quality case will be much less than having to repair or replace a trashed mic.

In regards to a hire price, my suggestion would be to make a few calls to other rental houses in your area and get an idea of what they are charging per day, additional days and week rates. Then offer yours at a similar rate.

The case you linked to above looks fine but shop around as that is an SKB case and you may be able to get a better rate from a larger dealer. Also, look at the price of a similar Pelican case. Ashton and others should also make similar cases.

For my money, these are the sorts of case that I would be looking at.

Call Shure. Or Pelican. Or SKB, or Grundorf, or even go to ebay and find an aluminum briefcase with the pickapart foam for $35. I have a couple of them.

And yeah, if you'd have been more specific about the requirements, we could have been more specific with suggestions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back