Microphones Mic elements keep disconnecting from transmitters?

I'm running B3 mic elements to Shure ULX1-J1 transmitters, and some elements keep getting disconnected. If I give a slight tug, the button on the element is "bypassed" and the wire pulls right out.

I'm not sure if the problem is the with the button on the element giving out, or the connection port on the transmitter. I thought switching transmitters solved the issue, but apparently not.

Any thoughts/input/suggestions on how to keep the elements securely plugged in would be greatly appreciated!!

Last edited:
I've had similar problems with some older Shure bodypacks too. This may not totally solve your problem, but I would mitigate the pulling on the connector by looping the cable down over the pack and using some tape around the pack to hold it in place. This way, if the cable gets tugged on, the tape acts as strain relief and the connector itself doesn't get pulled. Additionally, you may want to open up the ta4f connector on the mic and see if you can bend out the metal tab that holds the connector in place when it's plugged in.
Good luck!

As mentioned ALWAYS strain relief cables on body packs. Prevents a LOT of problems, you want to limit strain on both the connector on the wire and the connector on the pack, depending on models they can both be serious points of failure.
How many times I've had to fix them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back