Mic mistake

FMEng

Fight Leukemia
I just watched Lady Gaga perform on Global Citizen, on three, national, broadcast networks. What caught my attention is that she sounded off mic. At closer examination, her Telefunken U47 appears to be turned backwards. I could see the pattern switch on the camera side of the mic, set to cardioid. Unless the Telefunken breaks with tradition, the switch and badge are on the front. I hope it was a camera person that did the setup.

Last edited:
I just watched Lady Gaga perform on Global Citizen, on three, national, broadcast networks. What caught my attention is that she sounded off mic. At closer examination, her Telefunken U47 appears to be turned backwards. I could see the pattern switch on the camera side of the mic, set to cardioid. Unless the Telefunken breaks with tradition, the switch and badge are on the front. I hope it was a camera person that did the setup.
@FMEng Good catch! My AKG C414EB's similarly had AKG and their four position pattern selector switches on their fronts and their pad and low frequency roll-off switches on their rear sides.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

Though I support the intent and heart of the presentation that broadcast was an affirmation on why professional sound techs are necessary!

With the power in her voice, it's probably better the mic was backwards. At least she had a mic. What was up with Christina Aguilera on the heavy reverb?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back