Mic Stand help!

jason77

I may be looking for the impossible, but here goes....

I need to find / create a mic stand that can be pushed over by the performer and have the stand return to its upright position. I suppose it would be considered a self righting stand, at least that is what I would call it.

Before anyone sends a concerned reply, the mic on the stand will not be live, the performers are all mic'd with earsets and the stands are just for the visuals.

I realize that this thread could be considered a prop / scenic post, but the sound folks may have some good insight.

So... any thoughts?

Attach a rigid half sphere with a heavy weight in the center to the bottom of the mic stand base.
proxy.php

Bozo the Clown inflatable bop bag for kids to punch bags toys punching sand weighted

I may be looking for the impossible, but here goes....

I need to find / create a mic stand that can be pushed over by the performer and have the stand return to its upright position. I suppose it would be considered a self righting stand, at least that is what I would call it.

Before anyone sends a concerned reply, the mic on the stand will not be live, the performers are all mic'd with earsets and the stands are just for the visuals.

I realize that this thread could be considered a prop / scenic post, but the sound folks may have some good insight.

So... any thoughts?

DID YOU EVER FIND ONE? BEEN SEARCHING. YOU'RE THE CLOSEST I'VE COME.

DID YOU EVER FIND ONE? BEEN SEARCHING. YOU'RE THE CLOSEST I'VE COME.

Do you have a foundry to cast your own iron? (Sorry, I couldn't resist). I'm afraid such a thing has to be custom made.

Seriously, this sounds like a good way for a performer to get their teeth knocked out, because it isn't just going to instantly stop straight up. It's going to bounce in un-predictable ways and smack someone.

If you want the stand to just come right back up with the singer right in front of the stand, why not just use a standard weighted base?

It's an old trick, and I know people who can do it. Just takes a little practice. Push it over, then before it hits the deck use your foot to bring it upright again.

Saves making something special.

Saves a wildly rocking stand swinging around and smacking the performer in the teeth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back