Mic under $25

is possible to get a decent mic for $25

• Total voters

avkid

Not a New User
Fight Leukemia
my Shure premium vocal recently pulled itself apart, and i have found my self with only $25 left after buying the mp3 player and i now need a mic and quick!! so if you have any suggestions put them here!!

Radio Shack?

Try getting a behringer mic. They have a THREE pack for $34 canadian. I think a single one can be had for under $25USD

They are better quality than the rat shack mics, i've had these mics stepped on, thrown (over 10 feet, punk band decided to be the people on tv and swing the mic by the cord) and they just dont break.

the question u asked avkid is where can you buy the mic you need, but im wondering can u borrow a better one from someone/someplace else... i know when i need a mic i go to my bro's old bandmate or the jr highschool, unless you need it permanently you mite try to borrow and save ur money for a better mic

getting the mic

AVkid: Go buy yourself a behringer mic.. they're fairly cheap and ok quality. Much better than radio shack (which is usually made by optimus, btw).

Might want to check at pawn shops. My two oldest SM58's cost me $20 each, and are still (8 years later) going strong. Just be sure they have an amp and speakers you can plug them into and check them out before you buy.

Another possibility for good mics cheap is eBay, but there's a little more element of risk.

John

Nady SP-9s cost about $10 each. I've got a ton of these in my rig and have only had one fail. It's not real high quality, but what do you expect for $10?

And I've used rat shack mics...they are definetly not rebranded shures.

Only behringer mics I've used are those B-2 large diaphram condensors. They sounded pretty nice.....so behringer might be worth the risk. But whatever you get, I'm sure you know the old saying...you get what you pay for. People don't spend thousands of dollars on mics just for the hell of it.

go wiv the behringer 3 pack of microphones - we brought 15 of them a year ago and they are more than brillant for the money - they pick up singing just as good lectures. And they are really tough and seem to be better once dropped a few times :D The best thing about the 3 pack is that you get 3 mic adaptors for tripods so saves a few quid again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back