Microplex Console

highschooltech

Does anyone know if there is a microplex lighting control console that is capible of storing 100+ cues? I so is their anyone in Southern California who would rent it out?

Which microplex? I know of a few Microplex signals: Lightronics, NSI, Leprecon, etc. I know that there is a "microplex" standard, but I've heard all of these called "microplex."

If NSI, go for the Melange Pro. Dunno if anyone still has one of those, though. It stores up to 400 cues and has 24 submaster faders, a rate wheel, a programming keypad, and a timed cue stack (or manual if desired) crossfader pair.

Thank you, at least i have something to look for. If anyone else has any idea the system is NSI

Depending on the system you are dealing with you can get converter boxes that convert standard DMX to Microplex. I did a show a few years ago where I used an ETC Express to control a set of rented DMX dimmers and an old microplex house system at the same time. I think the converter cost about $20 for a week. Call your local rental place, explain your situation to them, and see what they've got to help you. Being in Southern Cal you should have lots of rental options.

Last edited:
Depending on the system you are dealing with you can get converter boxes that convert standard DMX to Microplex.
I'd be carefull with those "converter boxes". Lower grade converters will lag(100ms to 1s) depending on what types of signal they are processing. The rental price will also variate depending on quality. If synchronisation if a big matter, make sure to specify that to the rental guy.

It is for a youth theatre program that i am designing and will not be able to attend and i don't think synchronization will be an issue.

Actually, they start around $1,025 if you order from the right people.

That is actually what i would be renting to replcae for the show. I know that it is possible to store stuff to the subs but i was wondering if there was something i could do so the board opp could just press the go button. I won't really be able to train the person so they will be on their own so complete automation with the press of a single button, that doesn't more is a good idea.

The 7500 series does have a way of programming cues to a stack, with fade times, and does have a GO button. If you can figure out the intricacies of confusing NSI console programming, you should be set to GO.

Exactly, that is why i am looking for something that i can understand. By the way, does any one know how to program and NSI board?

Actually, they start around $1,025 if you order from the right people.

As an authorized NSI dealer I have to abide by their MAP policy and list pricing on public chat boards accordingly. Of course, I can sell their gear for any price I choose. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back