Midas Verona Talkback

Tyler Lindsley

Hi all,
We have a Midas Verona 320. I have discovered there is a talkback input on the back panel of the console. I could not, however, get this input to function as a legitimate talkback source. What is the purpose of this input? Or am I just doing something wrong?

Thanks!

It's an analog console, which means there should be some buttons to assign which busses the talkback feed goes to. In the analog world, I usually find the block diagram the fastest way to sort out how the beast works.

Talkback inputs are usually something that you only use if you really have to. I almost always just use an open channel.

On the Verona there are assignment buttons for the TB bus in the master section. You can send it to any of the buses, L/R, or matrixes.

I realize how TB assignments work. I am talking about the talkback input on the BACK of the console vs the talkback input on the front face panel of the console. I would like to use the BACK input to eliminate a cable across the faders. Unfortunately, since we only have the 320, I rarely have an open channel.

I realize how TB assignments work. I am talking about the talkback input on the BACK of the console vs the talkback input on the front face panel of the console. I would like to use the BACK input to eliminate a cable across the faders. Unfortunately, since we only have the 320, I rarely have an open channel.
This is exactly what the block diagram on page 37 shows you.... the jack on the front, the jack on the rear, the talk external switch, etc. and how the signal flow goes.

Last edited:
Thanks, John. I had to go back and correct the 'quote' because deep down I knew I got it wrong... Wouldn't want the Captain to think we were too good for our own good, so to speak.

Just to clarify, RTFM stands for Read The Fabulous Manual, just like NFG stands for Non Functioning Goods.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back