MIDI Link Between Sound and Lights

mixmaster

I have an event coming up where I have multiple acts on stage during the night, sort of like a talent show. Each band will get it's own lay-outs and mixes that I will store as scenes in the memory of my console. As each band takes the stage, I plan to recall the appropriate scene. What I would like to do is be able to include some command to the light board to recall the lights for each band at the same time. The lightboard is a Strand LBX and my soundboard is an LS-9. Both boards can send and receive MIDI so I would assume I could use that as my link but I'm not not as familiar with MIDI as I should be. If anyone has done this before and could offer some insight, it would be much appreciated.
Matt

Knowing zilch about the LX side of it...
Start with page 180 of the LS9 manual here.
Then I'd look into what needs to be done on the Strand side.
Above all else, play with it and check it will work ahead of time...
Hope that's some help.

Sounds to me as though it's going to be much more trouble than it's worth (Are you not going have a Light Board Operator? Will there not be light cues independent of sound cues during the acts?) But perhaps this thread can help: http://www.controlbooth.com/forums/...c-express-computer-via-midi-show-control.html.

Thanks for the link. This is more about having the ability and finding out if it can be done. I can think of a few other applications for it in our shows and wanted to give it a try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back