Midi Timecode?

AwesomeLD

Hi everybody!

I am trying to make a nice lighting design on a few songs. And I would like to use MIDI timecode, but don’t know how to use it.
I have an ZerOS88 FLX S24 lightning table which has a MIDI timecode possibility in the setup.

Any help?
Sierk

MIDI-driven DMX playback needs a time code track that NEVER is un-sync'd from the music. At the very least it's the drummer's CLICK TRACK, which is used to set tempo before the start of a song, and maintain it. Usually there are samples being played back as well (sweetening) - the 3rd guitar part, orchestra sounds, vocal doubling, etc.

If you have access to a Mac it’s not too hard to achieve.

Use a program like Horae (on Mac App Store) to generate an LTC audio file. Then attach this as a track to your audio file. Then download the program Loopback from Amoeba Software to route the LTC track back into Horae which can then generate MIDI-TC via any device you might have that can output midi (external audio device or USB to Midi converter).

Clear as mud? :)

Hi everybody!

I am trying to make a nice lighting design on a few songs. And I would like to use MIDI timecode, but don’t know how to use it.
I have an ZerOS88 FLX S24 lightning table which has a MIDI timecode possibility in the setup.

Any help?
Sierk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back