Might have to give this a try.

gafftapegreenia

CBMod
CB Mods
Found this interesting version of a combo wrench on roadietools.com. Hmm, solid steel (not aluminum!) and only $22. Take that Ultimate Focus Tool.

proxy.php

The only reason I'd buy the tool I posted is because of price.

I am still loyal to my 6" and 8" C-wrenches.

The only reason I'd buy the tool I posted is because of price.
I am still loyal to my 6" and 8" C-wrenches.

I love my 6" C wrenches. Not only are they good for lights, but also for pounding down nails, breaking off screw heads and bashing annoying actors/ techs/designers and on and on. I'd be lost without mine.

Char5lie

Ah....more and more silly tools when all you need is a good old C-wrench and not some silly thing created to eat up your drinking money.

I've seen many a quarter-lock bolt on a Martin Omega clamp get broken off because of a c-wrench. Done it a few times myself. Which is why I have the wing nut wrench. It's the only wrench I allow used on my Martin fixtures, except for fingers.

Hey wood butchers, how about a thumper?

I know, right. Why break your hand?

I know I'm a sparky, but I've done enough carping to appreciate such a tool.

G man. I like that.

Found this interesting version of a combo wrench on roadietools.com. Hmm, solid steel (not aluminum!) and only $22. Take that Ultimate Focus Tool.
I have one similar (original Stagestick)--it's heavy, and I seldom use it. I think I might be inclined to use this more. Except in rare cases, wingnuts should only be finger tightened. I made my own one of these, (or similar, can't remember where I copied the design from a theatre specialty tool supplier) that I do find useful for butchered threads.

The first this you posted is the other tool I have been looking at. I want something for wingnuts, especially for the wingnuts on Lightsource cheeseburgers. That's my reasoning for buying such a "specialty" tool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back