MIPRO Mics - Good or Bad

I understand how it makes more sense to slowly build up a collection of good mics over the years, and I would do this except for I know how our school runs. Being an international School with a bunch of board members, our school exists only to make a profit for them and not to provide people with good resources. Gradually buying sounds like a great idea, but I know our budget for microphones would be a one off thing - if I asked for the same money each year they would say we gave it last year - and that would be the end of it. So I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. Trying to get the best quality and quantity while being stuck with a one off, incredibly small budget. I know many reading this won't believe that the school wouldn't agree to a small budget every year, but we struggle to get any funding from what could only be called an extremely tight school - we have plenty of money floating around but those with the power to spend, wont!

You need to make the people with the money see and understand why they should fork out money for this and that, and how it will benefit them in the long run. Never underestimate the power of a piece of paper comparing different options.

You know the people you are dealing with, and what will make them give way, so put together a missile of information for them.

I guess let THEM make the decision on the information and then let them see how it pans out.

One thing for sure is they will hate to be "wrong" - like our ridiculous projection system that was put in "cheap" and as a result is causing us all the hum issues documented in another forum on here.

Now, later on, they have to upgrade it.

Our theatre was purpose built just over 4 years ago and from the very beginning it had major design and building faults. We have illustrated this fact to the many times, even demonstrating its faults, yet they still refuse to believe they are in the "wrong".
Even if they did admit they were wrong for buying cheap stuff, they would never fork out the money to upgrade, nor would they ever be convinced that buying quality products will prevent this in the future. They are incredibly narrow minded and ignorant - its actually quite frustrating! We too have issues with hum, caused by faulting wiring, and despite repeated requests to have it fixed, they insist there is no money to be spent on fixing the problem and have even said there is no problem at all - although there is an incredibly audible noise coming from the speakers!
As for the piece of paper outling different options, the only column they're interested in is the price one. They only care about how much it will cost them, and wouldn't worry about what the equipment will do.

Like your said, your stuck. The only way I can see them changing their mind is if for some reason, the whole system craches when they need it the most.

Another thought: Are you trying to tell them this stuff by yourself? The student voice can be drown out at times, especially by people like those that sun our school. Find someone of influence (i.e. a teacher or a community fugure) and get them to agree with you and start pushing buttons. The only reason taht our school is getting a new system in our gym is because I showed the athletic boosters how bad it sound, and how good it could sound. They startedthe ball rooling, and I am finishing it. Remember, two voices are as good as ten, and three are even better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back