The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

Miracle worker Warm/Cool colors

Discussion in 'Lighting and Electrics' started by JP12687, Sep 26, 2004.

1. JP12687

JP12687 Active Member

I got myself into a bind...i over loaded myself with shows...and now i need to come up wih a plot for miracle worker...i got most if it worked out...but waswondering what is a good generic warm and cool colors i should use to wash the stage.

2. propmonkey

propmonkey Well-Known Member

no-color pink(rosco 33) and no-color blue(rosco 60?)

3. dj_illusions

dj_illusions Active Member

i will generally use 201 which is a full c.t blue and a 206 which is a 1/4 c.t orange for a warm and cool, they are both very natural and subtle.

lee: 201 c.t blue & 206 1/4 c.t orange
    roscolux: 3202 full blue ctb & 3409 rosco sun cto
    e colour: same as lee

not sure which one u guys mainly use over there, but hope that is a help.

4. zac850

zac850 Well-Known Member

For warm I would use R02, a nice amber. I'm at school now, and my swatch books are at home, but I'll edit this post at home and see what I think looks good.

I did this show 2 years ago, we did an interesting thing, it was half live, and half video taped. We had a projector screen set-up and projected the scenes we didn't do on stage. I still have footage of a train going over the video camera that I got for when she is traveling.

EDIT: Hum, cool... I use G870 for my cool wash at school for all of the basic stuff. This is a very light blue, and ends up color correcting to a much whiter light. You may want to look at G830 or G820, its sort of a pale blue/violet.

5. ricc0luke

ricc0luke Active Member

We just did mircale worker this past summer!

For the black and white scenes we used 'hot' lights with no gels...
    For the colored scenes we used Gam 155 & 385 which is a light pink and a bastard amber.

At the end, the director requested that a there be a violet light on both the little boy (i forget his name) and on hellen when the mirical occured. We used a light directly overhead along with a light coming from another FOH position to create a really nice effect.

We also used a color wash on a black traveler used at the end of a show using violets and blues.

Hope this helped!