Mirror Mode For Ion

Jrmuffun

I am having a lot of trouble getting mirror Mode working from my Mac to my ion in my theatre. We have the ion on a wireless network and I connected my Mac to that WiFi hotspot but the ion dosent show up on the list when I go to the mirror Mode setting. If anyone has a video or a website that I could follow to get it set up, would you be willing to send that?
Thank you!

I am having a lot of trouble getting mirror Mode working from my Mac to my ion in my theatre. We have the ion on a wireless network and I connected my Mac to that WiFi hotspot but the ion dosent show up on the list when I go to the mirror Mode setting. If anyone has a video or a website that I could follow to get it set up, would you be willing to send that?
Thank you!

Mirror Mode over WiFi is not a supported feature. I recommend running a network cable between your console and your MAC. If you *must* use a device of some sort wirelessly, there are a few different options for remote control: aRFR (Android), iRFR (iOS), and OSC control.

While not officially supported... it can be possible to make a client/mirror connection work over WiFi if everything is configured properly. Obviously this is not something you should count on for anything show-critical, and I would second Abby's suggestions for anything important. I don't want to make her job too much harder by giving people silly ideas :)

If you can take the same laptop and successfully make a wired connection, then the most common problem is that your network isn't allowing multicast packets (used for device discovery) to pass to the wireless side. If you have a consumer-level device (combined WAP, switch, and router), then connecting to the wired network using the "Internet" port will definitely block multicast. If not that, then there may be filters configured somewhere else in the system. This gets into some pretty complex network stuff, but I would generally set it up so that streaming protocols (sACN, Art-Net, etc) are blocked from Wi-Fi, but other kinds of multicast are allowed. Maybe someone decided to be more aggressive and block all multicast traffic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back