ML yoke adjustment

SHARYNF

This is my day for ML questions
I have been asked for advice/suggestions outside of sending the lights back to Chauvet for a repair adjustment for a Chauvet Legend 250 RX

During shipping (thanks to the PO) the yoke assembly is leaning to one side by about a 1/3 of an inch. It is not like the shaft of the pan motor is bent since when panning the yoke maintains this leaning. Has anyone any experience with these, I am assuming that it might be possible to re adjust or that there is some access to a mounting for yoke that can be adjusted or repaired

I cannot find a service manual (chauvet does not have one) but wondered if someone had ever worked on this sort of problem
Sharyn

...During shipping (thanks to the PO)...
By "PO," do you mean the USPS? I suspect if the units had been packaged correctly, they couldn't have been damaged in transport, if in fact they didn't leave the factory that way. If they were damaged, don't you have a claim against the carrier?

Is there any play in the yoke? I suspect there's one or more set-screws that may have worked loose.

Seems to me that even if you could bend it back somehow you have metal that has been bent and is therefore permanently weakened to some extent (which is never a good thing on something you suspend over people's heads). My vote is just send it back. It's either the manufacturer or delivery company's problem.

It was the Post office, the only really viable way to get things to Alaska these days.

well I finally decided to dig in and figure it out, and it looks like at the bottom of the yoke there is an axis gear. This is then bolted on to the bridge plate. The impact had just torked the bridge plate, so it is a relatively simple piece to get replaced.. OF course in typical fashion as the people who design these never have to work on them there are about a dozen connectors to remove none of which are labled and then the ignitor wires which of course have to be disconnected and are buried deep in the innards

Fun fun Fun

The problem with USPS is, yes it was insured, and yes it can be repaired back at the factory, but of course USPS does not cover the shipping back and forth which for a almost 70 pound unit is not cheap.

Anyway looks like I have it figured out
Sharyn

Users who are viewing this thread

Back