moat

Asthma isn't really to much of a problem, most fog is water based, and unless the person has really sever asthma it shouldn't be a problem, especially if it's all chilled, and staying on the floor.

We've never had any more problem than someone breathing on a foggy day. And believe me - I've been completely enveloped in the fog to the point where I really couldn't see my hand in front of my face (or the FOH monitor, or the cue light... was almost a bad time!).

And yes - the fog stays low. On humid days, the fog tends to linger longer.

I'm stealing this from an idea on a garden pool. You can build a shallow moat (like 1 inch deap) but on the bottom of it, put a mirror or glass/plexiglass. This give the illusion of the water being deeper than it really is (especially with a mirror). It would be neat to see smoke pumped out over that.

I know this is a few months late. So just out of couriosity, what did you guys do with your lobby?

yea... the director decided to have the POPAS (parents of performing arts students) take care of the lobby. I told them about my idea and how awesome it would be and expalined that i could do it, but would need to have it done before we loaded in the set and lighting for the show, beacuse i would have to worry about the show itself after the load in days. if course they procrastinated and never got back to me, so they ended up using blue plastic (like gel paper, but not for use in lighting) to make a really crappy unrealistic moat. its a shame, and i think i may build my moat one day for the hell of it, just to see what it would look like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back