Mobile sound wireless setup 7 performers.

It's not a problem when you put a password on the router and leave it off of the internet.

It's off topic but... much like Wireless microphones... WiFi is also a limited frequency spectrum. Wifi runs typically at 2.4Ghz and has 14 only channels. Most WiFi routers select an available channel on boot up. Once you have more than 14 WiFi routes in close proximity to each other, they all start dropping connected devices.

I was in a convention center, that when I walked in - there were 10 WiFi routes broadcasting their networks. Who knows how many others that were not. I didn't check the WiFi spectrum maps although in hindsight I should have... I setup my Camera that has it's own WiFi router - it selected an available channel. I connected to my camera with my tablet - I was about 8 feet away. About 10 minutes into my event - I lost signal to my Camera's WiFi router, my tablet at that time reported over 18 WiFi routers in the area. Likely nearby conference rooms that were spinning up their own WiFi Hotspots. Anyway... it was a nightmare, I finally had to climb up on a chair then stand on a table to run my camera manually because even sitting at the base of the camera that was on a mini-crane - 8' up - the WiFi signal would be interrupted every few minutes. The only good part was - the WiFi only send commands - so I just left the camera recording the whole time, but I couldn't do the focus pulls, lighting adjustments, etc.. except by standing on the table and trying to peak through the tiny onboard LCD on the camera.

ANYWAY... I don't trust WiFi :)

It's off topic but... much like Wireless microphones... WiFi is also a limited frequency spectrum. Wifi runs typically at 2.4Ghz and has 14 only channels. Most WiFi routers select an available channel on boot up. Once you have more than 14 WiFi routes in close proximity to each other, they all start dropping connected devices.
Just to note that the overwhelming majority of WiFi traffic in 2017 uses 5 GHz not 2.4G, this has shofted over the past few years.
At 2.4G the channel count was a lie. They overlapped so you could only use 1, 6 and 11 concurrently without overlap.
That said, you can have multiple devices using teh same channel, it's just the signal to noise ratio that starts to be a problem, it's like holding a conversation in a noisy room...

Just to note that the overwhelming majority of WiFi traffic in 2017 uses 5 GHz not 2.4G, this has shofted over the past few years.
At 2.4G the channel count was a lie. They overlapped so you could only use 1, 6 and 11 concurrently without overlap.
That said, you can have multiple devices using teh same channel, it's just the signal to noise ratio that starts to be a problem, it's like holding a conversation in a noisy room...

hahaha... and as I said... I don't trust wifi connected anything, been burned badly once that was enough. - ok back to the real topic.

The X32 has dynamics on all XLR inputs.
The X32 has dynamics on the *virtual input strips* for channels 1-32. That's why the AUX IN REMAP works the way it does. The *virtual* AUX input strips do not have the dynamics.

It's a nomenclature thing. I had some loose use of that up-thread and was correctly corrected. Yamaha made the distinction by calling the physical outputs "out ports", the physical inputs are "inputs" while the channel strips are 'channels.'. While the wording is different, Behringer has adopted a similar way of differentiating between the physical and the virtual.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back