The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

Monitor for board

Discussion in 'Lighting and Electrics' started by avkid, Oct 29, 2004.

1. avkid

avkid Not a New User Fight Leukemia

Stagehand/ Production Company Owner
    does anyone have an idea where i could get a monitor( with 10 connection pins)for my Lee Colortran Scenemaster 60 plus

2. SuperCow

SuperCow Active Member

I would imagine that any CRT or LCD monitor would do the trick. You could just get a converter that would allow you to connect that monitor to the board.

3. Peter

Peter Well-Known Member

Check arround with businesses in your area (especially if you are a school or something like that) and see if they are getting rid of old computers and if you can snag one of those monitors. Otherwise, check out any computer store or even a dump or junkyard. Just about anything *should* work. Let us know what you find.

4. propmonkey

propmonkey Well-Known Member

check salvation armies and goodwill. my friend got his moniter from goodwill for $5.

5. len

len Well-Known Member

Take it for what it's worth as I've never used that board, but are you sure it's 10 pins? Is it a standard serial port? If so, I think that's 9 pin. But check your manual. Resolution differences and refresh rates may conflict and the whole issue may be moot.

6. DMXtools

DMXtools Active Member

I wouldn't be surprised if they used a non-standard connector on an otherwise-standard monitor. It forces you to buy the monitor from them at an inflated price.

John

7. avkid

that was a brilliant money making scheme until.... they stopped making the board! so now i'm screwed!!!!!

8. Peter

Peter Well-Known Member

Have you tried contacting the company? Maybe they have one sitting in a back storage room or something like that. It's a strech, but maybe it'll work!

9. avkid

yes, I am currently waiting for a reply

10. Peter

Peter Well-Known Member

ok, good, you are two steps ahead of me! (Do you ever have those days when it seems the whole world is two steps ahead of you?!?! :) I just really hope that day isnt one of our Big shows!)

11. SteveB

SteveB Well-Known Member

Contact Litetrol Service in Hicksville, NY

800 548 3876

Steve Short

They have a ggodly selection of Colortran stuff, consoles, parts, etc.. can fix it all. They're an aithorized ETC, Strand and Colortran service center.

I'm certain he'll have a monitor, which in any case is probably a 9 pin CGA.

Steve B.

12. avkid

i have done that also and i am waiting for another reply.

13. gakupp

gakupp Member

I am also looking for a monitor for the Colortran Prestige or Scenemaster 60. The CRT monitor input has nine pin holes, but the monitor only used 6 pins in the 9-pin plug format. They are hard to find. Have a call into Levitron (the firm that bought out NSI/Colortran), but they are not quick to return calls. And you wait on the phone forever and then they make you wait for a return call. Good luck.

14. icewolf08

icewolf08 CBMod CB Mods

Controls Technician - TAIT Towers
    First off, let me just say that you resurrected a very old thread, and i would imagine that the OP has probably found a solution already. However, if you are still looking for a display for your console, you are probably looking for a CGA monitor. You should be able to find some on Ebay or possibly at a decent electronics shop.