More Covidiots/ranting.

So like working at any convention center in America?
:grin::grin::grin:
I didn't know you were around at the LA Auto Show in 2002 for my 20 hour day!

Seemed like a good place to post my observation.

After we've all gotten over Covid, everyone is still going to think they were right. Pro lockdown/interventionist people are going to look back and say it was the right thing to do because look at all the people who didn't die, and pro individual liberty people will say look at infection rates, everyone got it anyway.

My wife and I were wondering what our kids' (oldest is 5) and grand kids' history class is going to say about it in 10 or 40 years. I wonder if, in the future, there will be common consensus about what's happening now, or if everyone will still be bickering

Well.. if it just busts loose... which I expect especially after Thanksgiving (MY family cant give me this right?) infortunately
lots of individuals and families will get to have their own "Chris Christie" moment. As for me.. my staff will remain masked, I will continue
to wear my custom total seal p95 filter unit, and we will hang on as long as we can. Local hospitals here reported this am that the ICU's are
at capacity.. so not a good time to have that heart attack or stroke you were planning on..

After we've all gotten over Covid, everyone is still going to think they were right. Pro lockdown/interventionist people are going to look back and say it was the right thing to do because look at all the people who didn't die, and pro individual liberty people will say look at infection rates, everyone got it anyway.

My wife and I were wondering what our kids' (oldest is 5) and grand kids' history class is going to say about it in 10 or 40 years. I wonder if, in the future, there will be common consensus about what's happening now, or if everyone will still be bickering
@bobgaggle " in 10 or 40 years "
What makes you think they won't still be in lockdown??
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

It's a good question. Remember, in some parts of the world, bubonic plague still pops up occasionally. We haven't eradicated it, just suppressed it.
But plague is easy now... bubonic form mostly carried by a specific flea.. Xenopsila Cheopis on rats.. both are in much smaller supply now. The pneumonic form can be gotten by direct exposure.. But if you are not patient Zero, and they know what they're dealing with.. antibiotics work just dandy against it.

Yes, we understand plague now, so we can quickly control and suppress it. Covid-19 we don't fully understand, yet, and it may be something we get to the bottom of quickly, or it may be a complex long term problem.

You are right that people will believe what they want. But facts are that states that have been more successful with proactive steps to prevent the spread have had much better statistics than those states that have not. I have followed my county and state data pretty closely, and the action and reaction to every adjustment made by the governor is clear as day. I saw a news article yesterday that said Washington state was in the top five for best outcomes so far. The "no maskers" simply refuse to look at the data and understand what it means.

Australia had just 1 new case over night (24hrs). - Still locked down to a point. Some areas more so than others.

@bobgaggle " in 10 or 40 years "
What makes you think they won't still be in lockdown??
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

If we're locked down in 10 years, that's more than enough evidence that lock downs don't stop the virus. :wall:

Australia had just 1 new case over night (24hrs). - Still locked down to a point. Some areas more so than others.

1 new case, why are y'all still locked down? what's the end game?

If we're locked down in 10 years, that's more than enough evidence that lock downs don't stop the virus. :wall:

1 new case, why are y'all still locked down? what's the end game?

Compliance with orders would go a long, long way to significantly reducing transmission and infection rates. If we're still doing this a year from now it's because willfully stupid people refuse to understand and accept *biology*.

In Australia, Sydney is resuming most activities (other than mass gatherings) because the transmission and infections rates went down and stayed there. In Melbourne, the opposite occurred and they are greatly restricting public activities.

Bob, it may not fit your political or social views, but, to paraphrase Chef from Southpark "Who'll think of the biology?" This virus doesn't care about red state/blue state, it doesn't care if people are black, white, or purple with green polka dots.... everyone is an equal opportunity host. And in rural areas the disease is overwhelming the small community hospitals. This will not end well, but I expect the Rural Deniers to continue their denial.

I can name 6 people I either know personally or have worked with professionally that have died as a result of this pandemic. Just because someone else is not so directly impacted does not negate the reality.

Bob the end game here is that we value lives more than money.
Australia has strictly followed our health professionals.
Melbourne is back in lockdown because for a while they followed Donald

We are now about a week of single numbers with some restrictions lifting (albeit a small amount and city people are not happy) In July France had about the same number of new cases as Melbourne (somewhere in the 5-600 range) and this week France has 15000 new cases and Melbourne is really low. People are mostly doing the right thing so the numbers are down. As a side note we have not had the cold and flu season we normally have because of the social distancing and hand hygiene that has been taken place.

While here in the UK we have crowds gathering in the streets to dance and hug each other before bars and pubs close, and naysayers telling "the sheeple" to stop wearing face nappies (diapers) and stop being dictated to by the man. These are the same people who think 5G causes viral infections and is a form of mind control put in place by Bill Gates and George Soros, that LED streetlights are anti-public "weapons" and hang on every word of the likes of David Icke. I despair.

While here in the UK we have crowds gathering in the streets to dance and hug each other before bars and pubs close, and naysayers telling "the sheeple" to stop wearing face nappies (diapers) and stop being dictated to by the man. These are the same people who think 5G causes viral infections and is a form of mind control put in place by Bill Gates and George Soros, that LED streetlights are anti-public "weapons" and hang on every word of the likes of David Icke. I despair.

BIRDS ARENT REAL!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back