So in my never ending adventures with my current job as an ME at a smaller barn summer stock i've come across a lot of problems. The latest is an increased amount of carbon build up on lamps and in caps of our lights. Granted part of this is because the previous ME used HX-601's in old colortrans and we can't afford new lamps, but the power set up itself looks to be interesting as well. We have 4 ETC smartpacks (1 12-circuit and 3 6-circuit) and an NSI DS12. From the dimmer room which is set off from the stage what are essentially just long extension cords run power out over our grid and into power strips which are essentially strips of metal housing with twistlock sockets every 3 feet (from what i've seen the wiring in here is about 20 years old at least). Now i understand that you'll get voltage loss over a longer run, but when i took a voltmeter to one of the sockets it read at 90 volts. Am i right in assuming that this power loss is what is causing the carbon build up on the lamps and in the caps? Any thoughts on these issues is as always appreciated!