Motorcycle

Thoms

Hello everyone!

We are doing "All Shook Up" for our musical this spring. We are in need of a motorcycle, it would not necessarily need to be a real one but it would be awesome if it was! Was just wondering were we could get one for cheap or other substitutes we could use!

Thanks!

Do you have a local shop that has a non working one they'll be willing to lend you in return for ad space on your materials?

Maybe try your local Pick Your Part for a suitable rolling chassis, with engine cases in the frame. Most venues are going to want you to prove that it's also dry- no fuel, no oil, no coolant, no lube....nothing that could spill or ignite or otherwise be considered a hazard, so the fewer parts in the engine, the better.

Most venues are going to want you to prove that it's also dry- no fuel, no oil, no coolant, no lube....nothing that could spill or ignite or otherwise be considered a hazard, so the fewer parts in the engine, the better.

Oh yeah. This is a big one. A Catholic High school student in my city died a few years ago when he cut into a drum that had contained mint oil, which then exploded.

Craigslist. You will want to find something that can at least resemble a period bike or an older one. Something with an inline or V-twin would work. 4 cylinders really did not become a ting until the 70's.

The good and bad thing about used motorcycles is that they often get left in peoples garages and sheds for years, and somehow people always loose the title. It sucks to jump through all the loopholes to get a new title issued; sometimes its not even possible. The good news is that, you never need to license a prop.
I'll bet if you put a add asking for a bike, someone will give one to you. Something like a Honda rebel could work well, its a twin, and its pretty light, making it easier to move around if you are not driving by running the engine.

Only times I have worked on ALL Shook up, were in open air venues, where a running bike was allowed. Whether or not you can use a running engine will be dependent on you specific building and local rules/laws. Electric could be an option, I once helped build build a 3/4ish scale 1932 Ford around a golf cart. I don't think converting a motorcycle to electric would be particularly easy, but it is certainly possible. You could probably get buy with pushing the damn thing around, just wire it up so the lights work. If I recall, the script does not really dictate that they drive around on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back