Motorized Material Lift

Jeff Lelko

Hi all, I'm curious what's out there in terms of motorized material lifts and what anyone's given preference is. I'm looking for low capacity (sub-500 pounds) with a lifting height of at least 10 feet, though preferably in the 12-14ft range. Ideally both the lifting and driving will be motorized, but the catch is that the unit's weight needs to be under 400 pounds.

I have experience with the Genie GL12 (and like it, especially with the ladder add-on), but before attempting to motorize one of those (and void my warranties/insurance) I am curious if anyone knows of something usable in this nature off the shelf. This is strictly for lifting equipment and not for holding a suspended load in show position. Budget is ideally under $5K.

- I posted this is "lighting" but understand that lifts apply to sound and rigging as well - figured this was the best place unless a mod wants to rehome it.

Thanks!
-Jeff

Crown makes reach trucks and stackers in several flavors although I have no idea on the pricing, but it might help you with your search terms...

I don't personally have any experience in anything other than Genie and JLG aerial and mast lifts.

There are some used runabouts out there, not sure if you'd be able to swap the bucket out for a table though.

There's a bunch of forklift type pallet jacks that go tall, but unless they're manual, they're all over 1000lbs

That's pretty much the conclusion that I'm coming to (and I understand the reasoning). I appreciate the input as well Chris and Bill. I took a look at Crown and Vestil, but it's the same story as Genie and Sumner - either all-manual or too heavy. I really like the Genie GL12 and is what I'll buy if I can't find anything else to fit my needs, but I figured it's worth asking in case there's something I missed. My only issue with Genie is that twice I've had lifts arrive from their factory become severely damaged in shipping. For some reason they think that tossing a 300 pound product on a standard pallet with zero protection will survive the trip from Washington to Florida...hence I'm tired of refusing shipments at the freight depot... Thanks again!

That's pretty much the conclusion that I'm coming to (and I understand the reasoning). I appreciate the input as well Chris and Bill. I took a look at Crown and Vestil, but it's the same story as Genie and Sumner - either all-manual or too heavy. I really like the Genie GL12 and is what I'll buy if I can't find anything else to fit my needs, but I figured it's worth asking in case there's something I missed. My only issue with Genie is that twice I've had lifts arrive from their factory become severely damaged in shipping. For some reason they think that tossing a 300 pound product on a standard pallet with zero protection will survive the trip from Washington to Florida...hence I'm tired of refusing shipments at the freight depot... Thanks again!
Hey you're on Cape Canaveral! I bet you could get something from NASA! Space age materials lift...it fell off the back of a truck, wink, wink...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back