Mouldings made of EPS

I've got an upcoming project with EPS (XPS) Mouldings and I was wondering the opinion of the board on how would be a good way to go about forming the material.

I've heard a lot of people saying that Hot-wire cutting is ok, while others preach that using it is dangerous and other methods of forming should be used.

A colleague in a close town has some drill press bits and a carriage he's willing to lend me, but at the cost of my going to pick it up or shipping the gear up.

What in your opinion would be the better choice? Or should I vet for another material completely from EPS?

I have used both hot wires and a router. EPS generally routs very easily but it's messy.

What is the shape moulding you are trying to create? How many lineal feet do you need? Why has it been decided to make it out of EPS?

It's some over sized pieces of crown moulding. Some of the sections can be easily done on a table saw/band saw, but there are some nice round-overs and fluting. EPS was chosen because of how light a material it is.

There is a kind machine which can cut the mouldings.You just input the order,and then the machine will do it automaticly.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back