Moving Head Fixtures!

Really? If price is no boundary, I'd say that you need to specify what you want now...what power do you have, what throw do you need, what beam angle do you want...but I'd say some fixtures to look at are the Martin MAC 500 and 550, MAC 250 Entour, Elation Power Spot 700 (IMO, elation's only really good fixture besides the Design Spot 250), and the Robe Colorspot series. I tried to keep it somewhat within a sliver of budgetary constraint, but I just kinda mentioned a number of decent fixtures that aren't way out of the ballpark on prices (I assume...).

Are you going to have a good ML board to control these? Because that would be something else to look in to...

I'd say that with your 7000 limit, the Elation Powerspot 700 is a good bet. The mac 500 and 550 are also definitely in your budget. If you want a mix of wash and spot, the mac 600 wash fixture is under your budgetary constraints. The Robe colorspot 575AT is within your budget, as is the colorspot 1200AT, but you may not want 1200 watts if you're just hanging it from an electric and just shooting it down on to the stage. But if you're throwing a long distance, it might be a good idea. But check your power distribution situation for 120V vs. 208V fixtures.

Now that I've posted three times (twice with almost the same info), I'll sit back and see what others have to say...

thanks guys! I mentioned throw and power distro and all that in an earlier reply buy basically im starting from scratch so what i buy is how im going to configure everything. I actually am thinking about getting the Robe 1200AT, but its like a 65 foot throw distance and will do about a 40ft straight down audience swoop on certain times, so will this be too bright or is bright good, I can design well but when it comes to tech specs im a newbie. THANKS again in advance for everything yall are helping me with, I really appreciate it! O and as far as board goes its software-bluelitex1 that has a 24 channel submaster board that i can run off of or i can do cues or both dep. on what day it is and what i need for the show!

For your application, then, get the Colorspot 1200AT! It's got the zoom range and all that you need, and it's got a very impressive set of features. And it'll cover 65 feet with the 1200W bulb no problem. But you might want to dim it just a bit for those audience sweeps...

thats what i needed to hear!!! Has anybody used it? I would like to know how smooth the turning is and if its got a good speed and also if people had any trouble with it as i will be graduating in a years time so i need it to be dumb proof! Thanks!

I haven't used it but from a quick look at the specs it takes about 24 DMX channels to run it. Can your board setup handle this many x no of units you want.

I have lynx 250s trying to find more about them looking for pdf manuals as well as mfgs web site please help
I also want to buy 4 to 6 more
thanks
skidalla
cincinnati

Maybe I missed it but Elation P5R's are like $1600 (at least thats what I paid). With focus gobo index, and a frost filter that gives a decent wash effect. Not a bad option for the price. And we use ours around 25-30 hours a week.

Please look at the date of the last post, this is from 2006, there are other threads with more and updated info.

Hey,
I have a budget of 7000 per intelli light fixture, what is the best in my budget!?

A. The OP said $7K per fixture, not $7K total, so why are we talking about $1500/unit products?

B. How the hell did a thread started in 2006 get resuscitated in the first place?

I have lynx 250s trying to find more about them looking for pdf manuals as well as mfgs web site please help
I also want to buy 4 to 6 more
thanks
skidalla
cincinnati

A quick Google search for [google]lynx 250 moving head[/google] and [google]lynx 250 moving head manual[/google] brought up some information.

A. The OP said $7K per fixture, not $7K total, so why are we talking about $1500/unit products?

B. How the hell did a thread started in 2006 get resuscitated in the first place?

A. I don't know if it really matters.

B. Someone asked a new question in this thread, probably while searching and thought this was a good place to ask. However, if a Mod would care to move this to it's own thread, because it doesn't really have anything to do with lynx fixtures, that would probably be great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back