Moving heads $2,000-$3,000 Range

indigo7us

Hi There,

We finally have approval to purchase 4 new moving heads for our showroom to replace some dead intellabeams. We have up to $3,000 per fixture to spend. As they die Replacement, or repair would not be a financial issue.

We are looking at the following:

Blizzard lighting torrent F5

Blizzard lighting Helios

Elation Platinum spot 5R

and used Varilight CMY 2500's can be had for under 3K.

I have seen all in action and each seems to have its plusses and minus's.

Any advice on which ones to purchase? We are doing a combination of bands and revue shows, and will need to cut through on a 15-25 foot throw with a heavily washed stage.

Any thoughts or advice, or other suggestions would be welcome!

Thanks,

Devin

I would check out the Chauvet R2 spots in the rouge series. From what I have seen they are very bright and have a good gobo selection.

Robe 250AT's hover around $3,000. Terrific units and very sturdy. I've put them in various high schools and colleges. Highly recommended over the brands you mentioned, imho.

Just a few pieces of advice, (which some here will strongly disagree with)
Buy a UL or ETL listed product, from a manufacturer with a solid US presence.

That being said, the only fixture in your list I have substantial experience with is the VL2500's.
Great fixture, fast and reasonably bright for a 700 watt fixture.
Rotating gobo wheel sometimes has a bit of chunky ness to it. and the color sensors tend to fail. (but can be mitigated with the addition of at the VL suggested heat shield)

I like them a lot, but if it were me I would see if you could get descent VL 3000's for that price. You aren't out of the ballpark to to think you could pay ~3k for VL3000.
And it a much better overall fixture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back