Moving Light Lamp Buzzing

jnobel

Hi all,

Would love to get some suggestions on how to fix this problem.

My brand new elation platinum hfx that is hanging in my venue has an (also) brand new lamp just put into it. Since installation is has started buzzing loudly while it is lamped on. The sound seems to be coming from the lamp/housing and goes away when the fixture is tilted up at the roof.

Any thoughts on what could cause this problem and how I could fix it?

Thanks.

Sounds ballast related, although more likely with a transformer type ballast than an electronic one. (I believe this one is electronic.) In any case, it is most likely a matter of something needing a little shimming. Since the unit is new and under warranty, contact them and don't open the unit up. Lord knows, I have had to do buzz remediation on many older movers of various brands, but again, this is new and you should expect it to be polite and not be making a fuss.

Brand new goes back. Opening them up except to relamp generally voids the warranty.

I've also seen slightly damaged reflectors that would cause this problem which would slightly vibrate causing a buzzing noise. However, if you have a warranty on it, send it back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back