Moving Lights for Light Lab

mpbld

Good morning, all. I am looking for some small, probably LED-based, movers for our light lab. My grid height is only 12', so I am looking for some fixtures with a decent beam spread.

Looking for both washes and spots. Zoom on the washes would be nice. They don't need to be particularly useable outside of the light lab, so I can go with some lower wattage units. A decent # of features to give my students flexibility and programming options.

Price point? Under 500 for the washes, under 1k for the spots.

Thoughts?

I own 2 of the Inno Pocket Z4's by American DJ and absolutely love them! They zoom, have LEDs, and are super lightweight. I have used them in many musicals because they really pack a punch. If you want a spot, look and the Inno Spot Pro, also by American DJ. It is led and has a very bright output. If you have any questions feel free to ask. I realize that lights coming from a DJ company might not seem good, but trust me, you would be happy with these two lights!

I'd recommend the Inno Pocket Z4s as well for the washes - tiny little light with a huge zoom range. As far as spots go, I'd look at the Chauvet Intimidator 355Z. A bit higher power than would be equivalent to the Inno Pocket Z4s, but it's got a little bit of zoom and a good stock gobo selection. I'm a big fan of the Intimidators for smaller installations, they're really quite good for the price.

If you could up things a bit and get Rogue R1 Spots and R1 Washes, you'd have fixtures that could easily work as movers for a blackbox space or even a mid-size proscenium space in a heartbeat. They're also professional line units so more accurate positioning, better build quality, and better features. I'd really advocate for this route because the units would have dual duty if necessary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back