Automated Fixtures Moving Lights Problem: I-Cue

Also, I think the I-Cues are 5 years old so could you tell me what rotary switches are? Thanks for being patient with me. Normally I would try to figure these things out myself but I'm very pressed for time.

Thanks for clarifying. So now I need to look at my I-Cues to find the starting address and assign that dimmer to the channels I want? I'm not exactly sure how to do that either... patches can assign channels to faders right? So how do I get dimmers to channels?

Patching is assigning a dimmer to a channel. As I said before, in single scene mode, each fader corresponds to the channel of the same number. In single scene with subs mode, the first 24 faders correspond to channels 1-24 and the second 24 faders are submasters. I also stand corrected as there is no subs only mode on the 24/48.

To patch, go to the patch screen by pressing the [PATCH] button. Once you are looking at the patch screen, you hit [DIM] dimmer# [ENTER] channel# [ENTER], where dimmer# is the dimmer you want to patch and channel# is the channel you want it patched to. So, using my example from before, you would press: [DIM] 97 [ENTER] 51 [ENTER] to patch the pan of the first unit to channel 51.

Now, if you want to control this with fader 43, you have to have your console set in Single Scene With Subs mode. Then you would use the keypad to put channel 51 at full. Then record this as sub 19 (fader 43 is sub 19). You can do this with the following keystrokes: [CHAN] 51 [FULL] then [RECORD]19[ENTER] or [RECORD] and press the bump button of the fader you want it on. The green LED in the bump button should light up after it is recorded.

I would also suggest reading the manual for the Express, found here. As well as the ICue manual: Dip switch model. New Model.

Also, I think the I-Cues are 5 years old so could you tell me what rotary switches are? Thanks for being patient with me. Normally I would try to figure these things out myself but I'm very pressed for time.

The rotary switches are little white knobs set in either a blue or red housing. There should be white numbers on the blue or red. The knob should have a slot shaped like an arrow, the arrow points to the address. The knobs can be rotated gently with a small slotted (flat head) screwdriver. When you read the numbers the arrows point to from left to right, that is the starting address.

Thank you very much for your help. So I don't need to use the moving lights feature because if I use the starting address the I-Cue will automatically assign the first to pan and second to tilt? I'm probably way off base but could you also tell me what DMX512Start is?

Thank you very much for your help. So I don't need to use the moving lights feature because if I use the starting address the I-Cue will automatically assign the first to pan and second to tilt? I'm probably way off base but could you also tell me what DMX512Start is?

You don't need to use the moving lights feature because you just don't have to. Neither the ICue nor the console care how it is programmed. The ICue just listens for the data coming down the line that pertains to it. The Icue's first channel is always pan and the second is always tilt (in 8-bit mode). The first channel is always what you set the starting address at. You would need this information whether you patch manually or using fixture patch.

I don't know where you are referencing DMX512Start from, but it usually refers to the starting address of a device. Where do you see it?

NO problem, if you need anything else, don't hesitate to ask, we hare here to help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back