Moving to the sides big banners on stage

Hi! I need some help with a rolling (wheels?) system for moving sidewise big format banners in or out of stage. The prints are 3m width by 4m tall. I will prefer to hang the big banners from the top (not to frame them completely) if possible. Any ideas VERY much appreciated. :)
If / when your banners are really BIG, and framed with welded steel I-beams, Unistrut is your friend (Cantruss if you're Canadian), including their heavy duty, captive, trolleys and end stops.
Think POSITIVE.
Test NEGATIVE.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

If / when your banners are really BIG, and framed with welded steel I-beams, Unistrut is your friend (Cantruss if you're Canadian), including their heavy duty, captive, trolleys and end stops.
Think POSITIVE.
Test NEGATIVE.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard
I was going to suggest Unistrut too but you have to have a way to suspend it nice and horizontal and it can be a little noisy when moving things on it.

A few ideas you may want to consider are in the attached pdf file.
"Quiet Heavy-Duty Traveler Track" by Richard Gold in Volume 2 of Technical Design Solutions for Theatre (Tech Briefs)

"Skate Wheel Scenery Carrier" by Matthew McKinney in the 2004 Tech Expo catalog.

Both use skate wheels as carriers. I've also used UHMW milled to slide inside suspended lengths of Unistrut for something similar.
UHMW-Unistrut.jpg

Attachments

• Banner Track.pdf
    927.7 KB · Views: 150

Users who are viewing this thread

Back