Musical Club Reinstated

lol peter... i doubt anyone noticed

Dude! We had a pep rally at school today (which we very, very rarely do at our school - but it was because the football team has their last big game of the season that decides of they go to championships) but we had the band and drumline with our instruments in the gym with everyone and we played our fight songs during the pep rally. Near the end we started playing this one fight song we end every football game with; we had a couple hundred people dancing in a train around the floor of the gym. We threw our harnesses on for our drums and joined in. They had tried to get us to stop playing and I guess formally end the rally but it didn't work, we just kept playing right out the doors of the gym when it hit three o'clock. On our way back to the music wing all the drumline lined up in the social studies hallway and played the cadence back to the drum room. That's a fun way to end a Friday I'll tell you! :D

lol our pep rally for homecoming was terrible, there was absolutely no pep. the marching band with the addition of those of us in concert band who felt like it played all the fight songs, and the teams were all introduced, but no one was paying attention becasue the sound system on the football field is incredibly old and you cant hear anything. there is nothing anyone can do about this short of replacing the whole system or listening to what i have to say about using a portable system :-D which of course the janitors wont do. anyway... absolutely no pep at our pep rally.

Ussually there isn't any pep at any we have either, but this time it was awesome, we're are all pretty much in agreeance that we should do this every Friday so people will want to come back the next week to do it again. :p The sound system they used was hardwired in the gymnasium (not that good either)... for the first speaker there was a lot of feedback, it was very sensitive but it was better after that, it was still hard to hear though. We got a new portable sound system for marching band this year, it was too bad we didn't get it set for them to use, it would have been much better.

our football field isnt just a little bad, you actually have no idea what anyone is saying. there is an echo on top of everything else that is wrong so any possible sound you might hear despite the other problems dissapears into just random noise because of the echo. we are getting an entire new system installed in the auditorium, hopefully they are doing it now since we have this week off, and after they install it we will have the old amp and speakers, which are relatively new and we can use those with our old board or the one that is already in the announcers box. it would be incredibly easy to set up and all they would need to do is bring the speakers into the box after games and put them out or on the roof of the box before them. granted its not the best solution, but it costs absolutley nothing and would be pretty easy to do. unfortunately we have a janitor who thinks he knows sound and told the admin that it wont work. he also completely screwed up the sound during an assembly and then yelled at me for fixing it and actually told our light guy that i dont know what the fu*k im doing. i absolutely hate this janitor, he only causes trouble for me!! but there really isnt anything i can do. wow, i got really sidetracked there. interesting how a topic can go from being about the arts dept to being about marching bands to being about pep rallys to my post now about a janitor who thinks he knows sound.

Since we were talking about marching band here I thought it would be pretty cool to mention this; the last show I just worked on was in our community theater and it was Miracle on 34th Street. For one scene in the first act that is supposed to take place right before the Macy's parade we had almost our entire marching band in uniform perform during the show as if they were part of the parade in the story. I had to run down the back hallway and stairs, get on stage with my drum, play our finale and then we marched out the house doors. I gave somebody else my drum and ran back up the stairs to the booth to continue the show.

My high school's football team won the NYS class A State championship last friday night!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back