Must Have Theatre Tech Reference Books?

Seppi

Hello!

This is my first post. Controlbooth.com was very useful to me as a student of theatre when I had questions about rigging and safety, and I figured now that I am working in the industry, it might be time to join the community!

I'm currently a freelance Stage Manager and Production Manager in the industry working out of Toronto, Ontario. I love working with designers and directors and troubleshooting ways to create the effects they dream of. I normally frequent forums, or email past professors/mentors when I'm at an impasse, but I was wondering if you had any must-have manuals or textbooks you have in your shop, booth, or office that you frequent. Whether it be for rigging, special effects, lighting design, scenic construction, I'm interested in all of them!

Looking forward to e-meeting/hearing from you!

Seppi

Hello!

This is my first post. Controlbooth.com was very useful to me as a student of theatre when I had questions about rigging and safety, and I figured now that I am working in the industry, it might be time to join the community!

I'm currently a freelance Stage Manager and Production Manager in the industry working out of Toronto, Ontario. I love working with designers and directors and troubleshooting ways to create the effects they dream of. I normally frequent forums, or email past professors/mentors when I'm at an impasse, but I was wondering if you had any must-have manuals or textbooks you have in your shop, booth, or office that you frequent. Whether it be for rigging, special effects, lighting design, scenic construction, I'm interested in all of them!

Looking forward to e-meeting/hearing from you!

Seppi
@Seppi The Backstage Handbook, any edition but the newer the better, the first edition was published pre Source Fours.
Posting from north of Donald's walls and just down the road from you.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

I recommend the follow:

Entertainment rigging by Harry Donovan

Entertainment rigging for the 21st century by Bill Sapsis

Monona Rossol
The Health & Safety Guide for Film, TV & Theater, Second Edition (Second Edition)

The Stage Rigging Handbook by Jay Glerum. <---- Must have!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back