Mystery Lamp Found in Stock

Razzy

Hi there, while doing an inventory of our lamps, I found three lamps with not that much information.

On the box there are marked as a halogen 120V 575W. That is all the information that is provided.

I'll post some pics of the fixture itself to see if anyone has any suggestions on what fixture the lamp would be for. IMG_9087.JPGIMG_9090.JPGIMG_9093.JPG
Thanks,
Razzy

Looks like a knockoff source four type bi-pin 575W lamp. Complete with Osram knockoff packaging.

That would be the ever elusive source 3 lamp!

It looks like a GLC.

Ironically (or not) it actually looks nothing like a GLC since the filament structure of the GLC looks totally different. Just look at the photo you posted compared to the photo of the lamp in question. Not really the same at all.

Yep Cheap Knock off of a bi-pin not only used in S4's but many popular Ellipsoidals.

While part of this statement is true, there is no way that the lamp in question nor most standard bi-pin lamps would seat nicely in a source four. If you happen to have some of Phillips' "The Sink" kicking around, then you might be able to use a lamp like this in a source four.

I believe that I recognize the lamp in the thumbnail pic (the full image will not load). I have used lamps like that in our theater as a 575 watt replacement for a 1000 watt FEL.

Ironically (or not) it actually looks nothing like a GLC since the filament structure of the GLC looks totally different. Just look at the photo you posted compared to the photo of the lamp in question. Not really the same at all.

I have spent the last hour trying to find anything that looks like this online, and am completely baffled. It looks like a really bad HPL inside of a GLC package, which sounds just about right for a Chinese knockoff. Whatever instrument you put it in, I would guess you're going to get a slightly dim 3 shows out of it ;-)

Yeah its quite strange the pins are basically the same as most bi-pins. However I spent the an hour comparing the filament to the rest of the lamps in the inventory and it is completely different. The glass on the lamp is also quite larger than say an HPL575 or FLK or GLAs. Hopefully someone can come up with an answer to this what I would assume be a strange knockoff of one of Osram's lamps.

yes I have seen three filament lamps being used - had a different version of the packaging though. They actually seem to work okay. They were being used as a cheap alternative to GLCs in some Lumi-PARs. I am told they are cheap. The light output seemed okay there was no notcible difference between these fixtures and some of mine lamped with GLCs and my S4 PARs lamped with HPL575/115

Yes. "Bryte" is a fake brand from a Chinese company that is illegally selling lamps using our company's design (colors, packaging look, etc.). I would highly recommend not using these. If you bought them on purpose...well... you get what you pay for. You should seriously reconsider buying from whatever company sold them to you. They are picking up cheap Chinese lamps that are trying to make themselves look like copies of other companies....

That company has nothing to do with OSRAM or OSRAM SYLVANIA. Buyer beware..... ALWAYS buy legitimate brands from legit manufacturers. OSRAM, GE, USHIO, and PHILIPS are the four main lamp manufacturers that make quality product. I'm partial to one of them of course though.... ;-)

That said. It's an interesting lamp. Like nothing I've seen before. Definitely NOT the HPL design, or the GLC style. Looks like a mini-CC-8, in three filaments. I'd be fasincated to know how well it works.... It's a completely new design from any SSTV lamp I've seen before. And I've seen a lot....

Last edited:
Just put it beside a GLA and though they are similar in the bi-pins the filaments are still quite different. I've included an image of the two side by side (metal housed ceramic is the GLA). No one at the company here knows where they came from, nor are they in our records with Quickbooks (as I'm doing the first true adjustment in over 8 months..sigh). When I get some free time, I will do a test in one our multipars kicking around and do a comparison between the lamps and take some pics. I can't imagine these have anywhere near the life span of an Osram lamp nor do I believe that it would be as bright.
IMG_9096.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back