Conventional Fixtures Mystery Lights

disc2slick

Hey all,

Digging around in my company's storage facility I unearthed three Berkey-Colortran Multi-Broad lights. I've tried google, and the Photometric's Handbook, but can't find anything about them in terms of beam spread. Anyone know anything about them?

Thanks,
Dan

The Colortran multi broad was designed as a light weight fixture primarily for television remotes. Being less expensive that their studio counterpart, many low budget studios purchased them for studio use. If it is the same one that I am familiar with, It has a handle on the back that moves the lamp to various distances from the reflector. It was made recatangular as to give a wash or fill llight with less requirements than a scoop. In fact they became the replacement for scoops in many TV studios. One of their advantages, was that they could used as either a "fill" or a "set" light. I don't remember the ANSI code of the lamp, but I believe that the ones we had were lamped with 1000W. Before Berkey purchased Colortran the instruments were painted with a bllue hammered surface. I never encountered them after the Berkey purchase, so I can't comment on whatever changes may have occured. The photmetrics would change as the lamp was moved in and out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back