Name that LED Bar

LD4tw

hey fellow CBers,

Im trying to figure out the model and make of this LED bar in the link that can be found below. It might be hard to identify but they look pretty cool to me. so your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

YouTube - ‪Skillet Live - "Awake & Alive" (*GREAT QUALITY!*)‬‏

Last edited by a moderator:
hey guys im not too sure, when i looked at the bar up close it seemed to only 2.5-3 ft long. im dying to get my hands on some to try them out, they seem really sick . I forgot to mention the yoke seemed to look like the ones found on martin's stagebar 54's

hey guys im not too sure, when i looked at the bar up close it seemed to only 2.5-3 ft long. im dying to get my hands on some to try them out, they seem really sick . I forgot to mention the yoke seemed to look like the ones found on martin's stagebar 54's

Just use them better than that, ok? I was really unimpressed with that set and the way they used the LEDs. Would be cooler to have the towers closer together and put 9lites in instead of strobes every other... It was kind of boring, and could have used more truss towers/MLs near the ground... Seemed like they blew all their money on the silly lift things...

Only at CB will lighting talk digress into that.

Oh. Wait. Make that every theatre.

I'm fairly certain it's a chinese import product. It looks to be the Irradiant unit that Derek suggested or the discontinued Elation Trackpod 81 or any one of many other similar fixtures imported from China direct. The yoke on the top looks right as do the two mounting points that can be seen on the top of each fixture.

hey fellow CBers,

Im trying to figure out the model and make of this LED bar in the link that can be found below. It might be hard to identify but they look pretty cool to me. so your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

YouTube - ‪Skillet Live - "Awake & Alive" (*GREAT QUALITY!*)‬‏

@LD4tw- While the identity of the LED bars used within the video may still be a bit of a mystery, Skillet is a great live act. Been a fan for years and appreciate their talent. Thanks for the link!

At first I thought it was a Pixel Line product, but then I remembered Skillet owns their ground package, so by the looks of its output, I'd assume it is your generic guitar center find.

I still have a soft spot for Bandit's GRN bar which can be seen in its full glory here:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
(skip to 3:30 in)

Last edited by a moderator:
LD4tw, as you can see from the varied responses, there are many fixtures (the more popular ones: PixelLine, StageBar, ColorBlaze, ColorForce, etc.; the lesser-known: Chinese imports) that can achieve the same result. Was there something specific about this particular fixture or were you just looking for the effect that pixel mapping to a multi-cell LED batten can create?

LD4tw, as you can see from the varied responses, there are many fixtures (the more popular ones: PixelLine, StageBar, ColorBlaze, ColorForce, etc.; the lesser-known: Chinese imports) that can achieve the same result. Was there something specific about this particular fixture or were you just looking for the effect that pixel mapping to a multi-cell LED batten can create?

hey derek, i was looking at how the pixelmapping ability of these bars were quite awesome when i saw them live. Lately ive been looking for a bar of that size with that kind of pxelmapping ability with more led's instead of the stagebar54L where pixelmapping is achieved through single led's vs a cluster of led's in a cell like the pixelline product.

There isn't really a "bar" style product that lets you control down to that point. Really if that's what you want, you are looking into video panels, which would require a media server.

hey derek, i was looking at how the pixelmapping ability of these bars were quite awesome when i saw them live. Lately ive been looking for a bar of that size with that kind of pxelmapping ability with more led's instead of the stagebar54L where pixelmapping is achieved through single led's vs a cluster of led's in a cell like the pixelline product.

This is the only thing I've ever seen that does what you're looking for

THOMAS PixelArt Batten (discontinued)

Unfortunately it is discontinued now though.

Leggy.

I'll second what Victor said. One could conceivable build a project specific unit that could do what you describe using one of numerous available creative LED display solutions but there aren't really any off the shelf products that provide resolution better than chunks. The bar in that video looks an awful lot like the Irradient LED Color Bank 648 but the StageBar, ColorBlaze, ColorForce, ChromaBank and PixelLine1044 can all provide similar if not slightly more detail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back