Conventional Fixtures Need 2 Rotating lights.

Hey guys!

I am putting on a production and I was wondering if any of you have any spare or broken rotating DMX-512 lights. They don't need to be big, (standard size DJ lights preferably) It doesn't concern me if the actual light is working, what I need is for it to be able to rotate via DMX. If any of one have some spares it would really help me out and I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks!

No a simple moving head intelligent light

Simple moving head and inteligent dont usually go together. Ever opened one up? Not quite simple. Renting is probably gonna be your best option, something like a VL2500 or MAC700 type deal. Or just go full boar and do a PRG bad boy... (Eurovision blog makes me want them always, along with 100 odd Alpha spots...)

OP, you say you don't care about the lamp working; do you just want DMX controlled movement to use for some other purpose? If so, there are probably easier ways to do that...

Simple moving head and inteligent dont usually go together. Ever opened one up? Not quite simple. Renting is probably gonna be your best option, something like a VL2500 or MAC700 type deal. Or just go full boar and do a PRG bad boy... (Eurovision blog makes me want them always, along with 100 odd Alpha spots...)

The reason I ask what he is doing with it, is it almost sounds like he just wants the movement ability, so something like a right arm might work better for him.

The reason I ask what he is doing with it, is it almost sounds like he just wants the movement ability, so something like a right arm might work better for him.

Never quite understood why the "Right Arm" costs you a left leg!
Heck, there's decent movers that cost less.

Just surprised the Chinese don't have a knock-off for $250 yet! (I may have spoke too soon, who knows!)
Look at the technology that's packed into a I-phone!

I know we have the ultimate "nitch" market and so the design costs do not get written off over millions of consumer units sold, but a grand (or much more in the case of the AutoYoke) for "Up down, left, right" strikes me as a bit much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back