Need a recording expert!

Weddingintro

Hi all,

I'm in need of some serious expertise and help!

I am preparing a wedding dance track at present and need an introduction voiceover made if possible. I am hoping that it can be in a theatre show introduction style such as AL Demo 1 here - https://www.mediamusicnow.co.uk/voice-overs/show-introductions.aspx

The script I would like putting in is:

"Ladies and Gentleman, we interrupt this track to liven things up a bit. Please make yourselves comfortable, join in throughout and start by applauding and cheering the special couple Greg and Fran Vaughan".

I'd be happy to pay for it to be done if somebody could recommend a site that can be used or even somebody in here if anyone has the ability?

Many thanks!

You can record a voice memo on any iPhone or iPad and send to yourself. Convert it to a track, and blammo, done. Find someone local who's speaking voice you admire and record with your iProduct. No reason to over-complicate it.

You can record a voice memo on any iPhone or iPad and send to yourself. Convert it to a track, and blammo, done. Find someone local who's speaking voice you admire and record with your iProduct. No reason to over-complicate it.

Seems a bit low tech. Though I have never tried it. Got some samples Jon, would love to hear your best British accent iPhone memo recording.... :dance:

for roughly $100 you can up your production value by purchasing the Rode Smart Lav which comes wired for smartphones. It's not amazing, but it will work. I do a lot of quick voice over grabs on my Zoom recorder. "Zoom - Never listen without it" - Me.

for roughly $100 you can up your production value by purchasing the Rode Smart Lav which comes wired for smartphones. It's not amazing, but it will work. I do a lot of quick voice over grabs on my Zoom recorder. "Zoom - Never listen without it" - Me.

I have a small Tascam that is similar to the Zoom that I use as well.

I agree with Jon, a Tascam or Zoom would be perfect. I personally own Tascam DR-05 and had my school purchase a couple of Zoom H1 and H2n recorders and they all work great! Simple and easy.

Seems a bit low tech. Though I have never tried it. Got some samples Jon, would love to hear your best British accent iPhone memo recording.... :dance:

My best British sounds much like my worst Southern. Awful, thick, and slow. Just ask @gafftapegreenia . There's a reason I am behind the desk and not behind a mic. Besides, I would start off with something like "Hey, y'all! Let's get this here thing going. Let's give a hoot and holler for ...."

The only catch with the voice memo on the iPhone is that it is an "m4a" file - so you'll need to email it to yourself and convert to your favorite format.

Any decent big box store should have a USB mic of some type for 25 to 50 GBP. I bet the OP could pick one up at the local ASDA.

My best British sounds much like my worst Southern. Awful, thick, and slow. Just ask @gafftapegreenia . There's a reason I am behind the desk and not behind a mic. Besides, I would start off with something like "Hey, y'all! Let's get this here thing going. Let's give a hoot and holler for ...."
You're making me giggle. If you're old (mature) enough to remember Tom Selleck in Magnum P.I., you might remember John Hellerman as Jonathan Quayle Higgins the property manager of "Robin's Nest" with his oh so perfect, oh so upper crust, oh so aristocratic British accent. I'd seen and heard Higgins for years honestly believing him to be of British decent before catching him guesting on a talk show one evening and hearing him speak in his native southern Texas drawl. I gained an instant respect for the gentleman's acting / language / accent skills.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

Last edited:
You're making me giggle. If you're old (mature) enough to remember Tom Selleck in Magnum P.I. ...
Ron Hebbard

are you kidding? We watched every week! Everyone wanted that car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back