Need assistance with a strand preset panel

Hi all,

I am working in a new space, and have run into an issue. We have a Strand CD80 Supervisor with 58 dimmers and a processor module. There is also a preset station (I attached a picture of the panel) in the booth that controls the house lights and has space for 7 other presets. The issue is that , while the first show we are doing since I got here, we found that at least one of the dimmers on the catwalks is currently programmed into the house light preset. I haven't used this type of preset panel before and I can't find a manual. can anyone point me to a manual or talk me through how to remove circuits from a preset.

Thanks,

Wally Eastland

Attachments

• Preset panel.jpg
    Preset panel.jpg
    553.2 KB · Views: 159
There should be a rack near the CD80 rack labeled "Premiere." That is usually what controls those panels. To reprogram the settings in those panels you need the control software on a pc running Windows 95 connected to the Premiere rack. I'm having my own troubles with my Premiere rack. I wish you luck.

Thanks for the info. I can't find anything around the rack or in the booth labeled "Premiere". Could it possibly be located somewhere else?

If it's not next to/near the dimmer rack, and without knowing anything about your space, then it could possibly be in any electrical closest around your building. I've attached a picture of what you're looking.

Premiere Rack.JPG
Premiere Rack Interior.JPG

Thanks for the info. I can't find anything around the rack or in the booth labeled "Premiere". Could it possibly be located somewhere else?
If your CD80 rack's electronics are the CD80 AE (Advanced Electronics) version, the wall stations will communicate directly with the AE rack; Premiere's NOT required.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

Strand produced the same outstations with differing software - Premiere and Outlook. Outlook was designed to talk directly to dimmers such as CD80SV, such that some of your dimmer circuits could be used for house-lighting and others for ordinary theatre fixtures. Attached is the datasheet showing the Display Outstation that you have, which will give you a bit more detail about it, along with a copy of the manual which I hope will help solve your problem. I'm in contact with Ed Pagett who used to be the Strand product manager, if you need further assistance.

Attachments

• Display Station manual.doc
    104 KB · Views: 148
  • 6_1_1_Outlook.pdf
    2.9 MB · Views: 205
Hi all,

I am working in a new space, and have run into an issue. We have a Strand CD80 Supervisor with 58 dimmers and a processor module. There is also a preset station (I attached a picture of the panel) in the booth that controls the house lights and has space for 7 other presets. The issue is that , while the first show we are doing since I got here, we found that at least one of the dimmers on the catwalks is currently programmed into the house light preset. I haven't used this type of preset panel before and I can't find a manual. can anyone point me to a manual or talk me through how to remove circuits from a preset.

Thanks,

Wally Eastland
The button station that you have operates on two different communication signals, depending on the model ordered. If you can not find a separate Premiere Processor box, as mentioned in other replies, it is likely that your space is running the button stations as Outlook stations. There is a programming manual here https://www.theatrecrafts.com/archive/documents/OutlookProgramming.pdf . You should also note that since the programming takes place in the CD-80SV dimmer rack, the dimmers in the rack need to be patched to listen to incoming signals. The CD80Sv has three patch tables on board, DMX A, DMX B, and Outlook. Its possible that all the dimmers you need to talk to are already addressed, and you wont need to change anything there. The Outlook patch configurations are Room # and control address. eg, room 1 channel 3. Sometimes there were different rooms used for house lights, work lights, lobby lights. Hope this helps. I would go through the Outlook manual first as likely everything that you need is patched already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back