Need Help! Eurolight board 5-pin to 3 pin

hey everyone this is my first time posting. i ordered a behringer eurolight LC2412 lighting board unknowing that it has a 5 pin dmx output. i also purchased a vue 1 which is 3 pin. this is my first light board and i dont know how to connect the light and how would i connect more lights to this board seeing that it has only one output jack? i know this is a stupid question but im a newbie thanks!

As for the adapters, see this thread: http://www.controlbooth.com/forums/lighting/10771-3pin-5pin.html. As for connecting more lights, DMX allows "daisy-chaining" up to 32 devices on a single run--just connect the output from one to the input of the next. Be sure to use a terminator plugged into the output of the last fixture on the stream. In cases when daisy-chaining is not practical, one or more opto-splitters may be used.

...I ordered a behringer eurolight LC2412 lighting board unknowing that it has a 5 pin dmx output. ...
Although Behringer products are often regarded around here as substandard, one must give them credit for using 5pin XLR connectors for DMX. Although many manufacturers use 3pin XLRs, they are technically not in compliance with the latest (or any) DMX512-A standard, ANSI E1.11 - 2008.

Last edited:
Well I dont know the light that you are talking about I assume it is controlled with some type of dmx since you mentioned how to connect more lights. Well fist if it is a 3-pin you need to get a 5-pin to 3-pin adapter production advantage has them. Adapter, XLR, 5-Pin Male to 3-Pin Female

As to connecting more lights if the light has a female out put all you have to do is daisy chain them together. No offense if you know this but you did say your a newbie to daisy chaining is simple going from one fixture (or other device) to the other. So going from the female out from fixture A to the male in on fixture B.

EDIT: as I was posting derek finished his

so in my case i have a laser which has 7 channels and the vue one which has 5 channels, and my main use for the light board is going to be changing the effects of both the laser and the vue 1. is this the right board for me or did i order the wrong board for what im trying to do? what would you recommend?

The board should be able to control both. Set the laser's DMX start address to 001, and the Vue 1's to 008. You'll need a cheat sheet/conversion chart of some sort, as the Vue's channels 1-5 will be the console channels 8-12.

the fixtures dont need to be the same to daisy chain them together or go with the opto DMX Distribution the opto is an expensive solution if the fixture have an in and an out put. and if one uses 3-pin and the other 5-pin you can get another adapter (they make them to go both ways). I would much rather daisy chain

As far as the board goes iv used it. Its not my favorite but it works. If I was you I would record some looks into the bottom back you can get up to 108 looks. Or use those for position and the like and use bank A for color

so if i daisy chain them i can control each one individualy?
sorry most of this stuff is over my head im just starting classes for show production at full sail

Yeah. So you can set the laser channel start address at 1 and they will go until channel 7 then set the vue 1 at channel start address at 8 and it will go until channel 12. (this can be flipped as well with the vue 1 set to channel 1 then the laser would be set to channel 6)

When the console sends out the single it doesnt care what order the fixture are in or if they're daisy chained together it just send out a signal and the fixtures know what info is for them and passes the rest on.

As long as you address them the way derekleffew said, you should have no problem with controlling them individually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back