Design need help on how i should i light up a cyclorama

i need help on how i should light up a cyclorama not using cyc strips . right now we have 8 led pars and 2 led strips need new ideas on how to hang them or if i should use another light or a intelligent light.
plz help need before next production comes out in 2 weeks

i need help on how i should light up a cyclorama not using cyc strips . right now we have 8 led pars and 2 led strips need new ideas on how to hang them or if i should use another light or a intelligent light.

The led strips would be best from what you have listed, but you'll need a lot of them to cover the entire width of the cyc. And depending on how bright they are and how tall the cyc is you may need another set to light from the ground.

You will need ALOT of either of those fixtures to light a cyc properly. The only way I could see you doing it would be to place XWFL lenses on your pars and set them back 15-20' or so so they can spread and utilize some frost to blend the circles. That said, this is not the best way to do it and a good single cell cyc light is cheap this day and age. Can you not make a purchase to fix this?

The thing is I'm a high school student and this year the money we get goes to sound so I need a way to work with the lights I have

What are the dimensions of the cyc? How many colors do you need- can it just be white or were you planning on color mixing with the LEDs?

What are your assets besides the instruments listed? Do you have any spare fresnels, scoops, or other conventionals? How many dimming circuits do you have available for cyc lighting. Unless you have some super high dollar mega bright LEDs, which I doubt, the most you can light effectively with a couple of strips and pars is a large bed sheet. If I was you, I'd beg for cash to go and rent conventional cyc cells for the duration of the show. Shouldn't be to expensive....

Or see if some other local school theatre, either college or high school will loan them to you... Also check in with local immunity theatres.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Agreeing with the rest of the guys. You do not have enough fixtures to properly light a cyc unless it's really small or your LED fixtures are all unusually high power. So begin by lowering your expectations.

That said, if that's all I had to use I would try using the strips to light the center of the cyc and the Pars to light the sides. Split your PARS into two groups. Shine the Pars on it from a distance of 10-15-20 feet (depends on your par), preferably attaching some diffusion Gel and extra wide lens to spread and blend the light. Then put the two LED strips about 8-10 feet apart straddling center (depends on your cyc width). If you cyc is really tall and your strips are weak then put them on the floor. If you have some good fire power in your LED's try moving them forward to 8-10' to try to spread out and light more cyc. Again try using some sort of diffusion to help blend it all together.

It's going to be dim and blotchy, but that's about all you can do.

Also check in with local immunity theatres.
Immunity theater is way better than contagious theater. ;)

Welcome to CB!

Anything can light a cyc, the question is why and how do you want to light it.

Lots of question?????
What production, what do you want the cyc to do for the production, what size is the stage HxWxD, electrics, how many actors, how close to the cyc?

For example: I can light it with dozens of massive silouites from six actors by using two 300w stick up lights at the foot of the stage 20' apart and 30' from the cyc, creating chaos and confusion.

or a full moon gobo and some wispy clouds and a hint of golden sunset at the bottom edge for a romantic evining (5 or 6 fixtures).

So it is not how many fixtures you use but what do you want to achieve?

[QUOTE/]

Immunity theater is way better than contagious theater. ;)[/QUOTE]

hmmm...

I guess your right.

I blame the phone I was on, oh and my lack of spell checking myself.

:p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back