Digital Surfaces Need Help Troubleshooting in Vegas

Brentgi

Is there anyone in the Las Vegas, NV area who has a Soundcraft Si series console that would be willing to let me test my MADI/USB card in their console?

I'm having trouble with the connection and I've tried several different cables (all known working), tried swapping the card slots, tried doing a full reset on the console.

I know that the issue is either the console or the card, but there's now way of telling without other hardware to test on.

If you are able to help me out, please let me know.

Thanks!

Brent

Has this problem always existed or did it recently start? If the latter, might you have done a firmware update?

Also have you contacted Soundcraft or checked any of their on-line resources (including the FaceSpace/MyBook social media pages)?

I did the firmware upgrade after the purchase of the mini stagebox. It was working before and after, but the issue started fairly recently. I called Soundcraft last week. We reset some things and it started working. The tech basically said, well it could be the card, could be the stagebox, could be the console - there's no way of knowing for sure without testing each piece on different hardware. Sent it to a gig, got a call saying that the preamp wasn't working (which is what has been happening). I walk through the steps (try different cable, reset config, reset all) and it still doesn't work. Bring it back in and I can't get it going. I swapped the card slots and it worked briefly, but when I reset the system, it stopped working again.

Sometimes I have a lock light and sometimes I don't. When I have a lock light, I don't always have preamp control, but audio passes. When I don't have the lock light on the MADI, audio doesn't pass and I don't have USB either, which is not correct.

I've ruled out the stagebox because the USB side of the card isn't working when it should be, either.

I have considered rolling back the firmware, but that would also roll back the input count, which negates the reason why the stagebox was purchased in the first place. But it might be worth a try to see what happens.

I'm guessing... we're not a Soundcraft shop... that the firmware update changed something in the mixer config that isn't compatible with the Mini Stagebox. Finding that and restoring it might be the answer. Until then we can't rule out a hardware problem.

If your local Soundcraft dealer is willing, you might take your MADI card and Mini Stagebox and see if they work with the display Si.

Hmmm. Curiouser and couriouser, said Alice.

I'm surprised Soundcraft wasn't more help. Hopefully we'll get some more eyeballs on your post and get some better advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back