The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

Need New Blood... Audio Technicians

Discussion in 'Stage Management and Facility Operations' started by wodden, Oct 21, 2008.

1. wodden

wodden Member

***MOVED TO THEATRE MANAGEMENT AND DEVELOPMENT***

I work at the Performing Arts Center in Anchorage, Alaska. I am looking for qualified audio technicians in the area... that I don't already have on a list. I need folks who can mix a rock show or a broadway musical without blowing out equipment or ear drums. Does anyone know of someone like this in Alaska? IATSE qualified would put my boss over the moon, but I am not so pickky right now. Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2008
  2. Footer

Footer Senior Team Senior Team Premium Member

You might also want to post this on backstagejobs.com. I have a feeling you are going to have some difficulty finding people in the area that you don't already know. I assume relocation costs are not an option?

3. wodden

wodden Member

No.... This is not a full time position per say. What I need are free lancers for a wide variety of clients. This, of course, makes things oh so easy. If I had a "real" job to offer it would be much easier. The local up here is having a really hard time providing qualified audio technicians. And I only have a few free lance folks to work with and more work than they can handle. It's a lovely catch 22. Thanks

4. derekleffew

derekleffew Resident Curmudgeon Senior Team Premium Member

Even here in Las Vegas, where we have a seemingly endless supply of stagehands; some form of employer or union training is (usually) needed. There's always going to be the worry of "once I train them, they'll move on to better jobs," but that's the price one pays (in addition to the cost of training).

5. DavidDaMonkey

DavidDaMonkey Active Member

Well, I can't help you, but at least I know that apparently if I ever run out of work here, I can move to Alaska and do all right.

6. wodden

wodden Member

Training is always ongoing here, always, that is not our issue... having enough bodies to train is. I have several IA guys busting their behinds to learn as much audio as fast as possible. Once they are ready life will be fine, for a while.... my need is immediate... so these poor folks are being tossed into the deepend before they are ready. That's just reality. I do appreciate everyone's reply. Thanks. Wodden