Need new security recorder

jtweigandt

After an incident at the theater (minor) It came to my attention that our DVR thought it was Jan 15, 2000
I took it home to replace the wafer battery so that it would survive a power glitch.. but...

It's a samsung and runs currently 9 bnc coax cameras. The computer interface requires silverlight.. so no more web access to the pc.. Mouse and remote control only on the unit itself, high on a shelf in our box office.

So moving forward I'm thinking I'd like a hybrid capable of supporting the old BNC and any new cameras would be ip cameras.
Want PC log in via browser at least locally. App for remote access would be icing on the cake.

I see several on line, but the names make me think the communist chinese would be monitoring my facility right with me if I used the "Happysun" app, if you catch my drift.

I like amcrest, but it looks like they are all IP at this point.

Any recommendations? I know there are converters but that would push the costs way up. I just really don't want to spend a lot of my spare time crawling through ceilings, and up and down of ladders to re do the cable runs, and we're a huge steel clad building, so wifi would not be reliable enough.

What say ye?

John

Hi John ,

Whilst hybrid is hard to find, I can supply you with either an 8 or 16 channel DVR which has remote maint/monitoring baked into it ... then future cams would go on a different platform. This is Luma from SnapOne, last generation (no more analog in current) which has some HIKVision technology in it. If that worries you, no problem. But the RMM (remote mgmt/monitoring) lives in Snap's own cloud, and there are excellent smarter IP ones for future use. Email me [email protected] for pillar-of-the-community pricing and details.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back