Need new wireless over-ear

texmark

I’m a high school theatre director with enough TD knowledge to just be dangerous. I need to replace a dozen Countryman overear lavs. I like Point Source Embrace, on paper. Anybody have history with them? I have Sennheiser rack and packs G3

I manage a high school theater. The best move I ever made was switching to Countryman B3's and using medical tape to tape them on. I've been running them for over 7 years now and never had a problem. Yeah, it's more inconvenient, but they are rock solid performers at under $200. Also when you work with a lot of kids, their faces and ears are different sizes so I've found ear worn mics don't hold on well or booms are too long. When you tape a mic on, it's always the right size!

I picked up a couple of Sennheiser HSP Essential Omni's for situations where taping isn't possible. I'm really happy with them so far. They took the legendary MKE 2, shrank it, and built it into a headset. It sounds great and is very comfortable.

I have held Point Source mics in my hands and am very impressed with the overall quality and sales pitch. I've never used them myself but know people who have and like them. Many Broadway shows are using Point Source gear.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back