Need recommendations for space upgrade

I am now looking to find some affordable lighting fixtures for a venue that can hold around 500/600 people. We have a 7x3 schedule 40 pipe grid that we can move anything around that reaches about 12 ft high. Our fixtures are either European fixtures that would normally require transformers and out of date fixtures. The space needs to be a tv space as well, meaning no flickering in our fixtures. I have two weeks and I am looking for some very cheep (not Chinese cheep) options. I'm thinking of looking for 9 - 12 moving led heads, maybe 8 good looking led pars, and possibly some scanning/Beam fixtures. We have left over source 4 pars that I could use for our front light, just need to change out the stage pin and get some barn doors. Other than that I am kind of out of ideas. So long as these fixtures run at 60 hz I am happy with that

If anyone has any fixture recommendations that could work that would be fantastic. I have two weeks to purchase them and put them up.

Thanks so much!

Last edited:
Do you have a budget? "Cheap" is a relative term.
Bedsides the TV studio usage, what sort of shows is the 'venue' for? Proscinium? Ballroom? Club?

Do you have a budget? "Cheap" is a relative term.
Bedsides the TV studio usage, what sort of shows is the 'venue' for? Proscinium? Ballroom? Club?
It is a space once used for our church's youth ministry, but now is going to be used for our leadership school's services and any interviews/videos that we will be shooting in here. Holds a max of around 500. I don't know what budget I have either. Basically, I need to get the total cost of how much everything will be, then pitch it. I know what I need to get for the little things, but if I can, whatever non-flickering LED will work for me.

You are going to have a seriously hard time getting a specification up with cost, getting it approved, and getting product shipped to you in two weeks. Your best bet is to find a local vendor that can solve some of those problems for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back