Need some Gear for LDI

Rose Brand has some sort of new paint on front projection screen stuff. The way I read it you just paint anything with this stuff and it's suddenly magically reflective. I would love to learn more.

and that was my 8000th post.

I need to get a job or something.

I'd be interested in seeing the final version of the Best Boy at the PRG booth if you've got time. If Gary or Warren is there, say hi for me, otherwise it's probably Chris Conti - I don't know who they ended up making the product manager. I'm particularly interested in the final weight of the thing, and if they ever ended up including a battery backup for the ethernet switch to allow for passthrough when the fixture is unpowered.

Rose Brand has some sort of new paint on front projection screen stuff. The way I read it you just paint anything with this stuff and it's suddenly magically reflective. I would love to learn more.

Sounds like Screen Goo. This type of product has been around a while. Depends on how you want to use it in my opinion. Since it just coats a surface, you will still have a textured image if your surface isn't completely smooth.

I'd be interested in seeing the final version of the Best Boy at the PRG booth if you've got time. If Gary or Warren is there, say hi for me, otherwise it's probably Chris Conti - I don't know who they ended up making the product manager. I'm particularly interested in the final weight of the thing, and if they ever ended up including a battery backup for the ethernet switch to allow for passthrough when the fixture is unpowered.

No battery backup, but the Ethernet will pass thru passively. Weight is 106 pounds plus 7 for the hanging hardware.

-Sent from my HP Touchpad

And the datasheet on PRG.com says there is a battery backup

The battery references in the specs is only to allow use of the LCD when the fixture isn't powered, for addressing and configuring the unit. This is becoming common on many fixtures, and it's nothing new. When they solicited feedback from us back in July, I asked if there was a way to allow ethernet passthrough, possibly from that same battery, but they explained that it wasn't quite that easy to do. From what the data sheet says, it looks like they found another way to do it.

I know we've discussed this before, but WHY would anyone bother/want to send Art-Net to a fixture (and do all the configuring/IP addressing that it entails) that uses ~30(?) DMX channels? Now IF the fixture could act as a node (Art-Net/Net3/sACN in and DMX512 out), that might be kind of cool.

I just don't see Ethernet-at-the-fixture becoming common for anything other than DL.3's/media servers any time soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back