Control/Dimming Networking ETC Element and iRFR

BLPisani

I'm trying to get iRFR to work with a rental Element. I've followed the instructions from ETC several times to no avail. I remember when I used the same router last year that it was pretty much plug and play. I never should have reset the router, but I wasn't planning on doing this again.

I've put some photos and screenshots at https://imgur.com/a/NcXj9L7. I have no idea why things won't talk to each other.

I did try hooking up a laptop to the router, and I could ping the Element's IP, but running Nomad in mirror mode gave no results.

Any help would be appreciated. This is non-critical, but would help me on tour immensely.

You have an IP address issue. The online port on the console is 10.101.97.103, while your router is 192.168.10.1. It has been awhile since I've had to set these up, so hopefully someone will correct me if I get anything wrong.

Is your Element communicating to other network devices? If not, you can change it to accept an IP from the router's DHCP server. Under Port 1 on the element, check the box that says "Obtain an IP address automatically", click "Accept". Then scroll down to DHCP service and unclick "Enable". Then reboot your console while connected to the router. The router should assign an IP address to your Element and have them communicating.

If you have other network devices on your lighting network, leave the Element configured as is. On the router, disable DHCP Server. Give it an IP address in the 10.101.97.### range. Reboot the router, and they should communicate.

Good luck!

I have it now. I should have just changed it so the router assigns the IP. Sometimes the simplest fixes...

Sounds like you got it working, but also note that the console should be plugged into ports 1-4 on that router and not the 'Internet' port. Depending on the router, this can have an impact on firewall settings as well as cause DHCP issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back